Members-only software downloads

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ionsaliu, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

2. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

The tester.php results:

Testing whether your system has ionCube Loader in php.ini...Failed
    Testing whether your system has Zend Optimizer in php.ini...OK
    Testing results:
    No additional configuration required and aMember will work on your hosting using the following loading method: Zend Optimizer installed

Additional information: PHP version 4.3.11 (cgi-fcgi)
    OS Linux linhostjava02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net 2.4.21-27.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Dec 1 21:59:02 EST 2004 i686
    safe_mode Disabled
    enable_dl Enabled
    extension_dir ./
    PHP Extensions zip, xml, sybase, mysql, mcrypt, gettext, gd, ftp, domxml, curl, ctype, calendar, bcmath, zlib, openssl, Zend Optimizer
    CURL binary /usr/bin/curl

Again, many thanks in advance.

Ion Saliu
  3. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Never mind!

I downloaded the free trial version. With some effort, I downloaded the zipped package, unpacked with WindowsXP, then I uploaded the resulting aMember folder.

I succeeded fairly quickly to setup a paid-membership site. Looks like everything works OK via PayPal (I needed to upgrade to premium). One problem I faced: I, the owner of the site, was not allowed to access the protected folder! I figured out I had to add myself manually as a member for a US$0.00 fee! PayPal didn’t allow me to make a payment to myself!

Anyway, I hope there are no big headaches in upgrading to the final version. I saw in the manual some complicated steps. I’ll check back soon!

Thanks.

Ion Saliu,
    Webmaster At-Large
    www.saliu.com/infodown.html
    The main gateway to my freeware = not protected. The protected folder is here:
    www.saliu.com/pub/