Matching Membership levels from 3.0 to 4.0

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lvtriclub, Mar 5, 2013.

1. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

First off, I have sent two requests to the HELP DESK as a paid subscription member and completely unsatisfied with their response. So, I am hoping the forum can help me.

We are trying to migrate hosting and we have thoroughly followed your instructions but we are getting error messags as I posted in the forum inadvertantly posted under Themes Customization.

Our major problem is that where the website is now hosted we do not have ftp access. They provided us a zip file of our entire file structure but your instructions for migrating to a different host seem to apply to 4.0. And, we do not have the original 3.0 installation files.

Our goal is to successfully migrate and have running 3.0 as it is now on the new hosting and then figure out how to update to 4.0. The only thing that really concerns us is mapping the membership fields that members have paid for this year.

So, can anyone provide me basic instructions on how to migrate 3.0 (including the zip file) and also give us an idea how to successfully map the membership types form 3.0 to 4.0. On the dev.**********.com site, we successfully installed 4.0 and I imported the csv file ok....but, the membership types were not built so there is going to be some problems I am sure. We do not need the newsletter stuff or anything else. I just want to be able to map the .csv file correctly to the current paid memberships/levels.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member