Mass update / assign multiple files to different product category at once

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mistydawnkearns, Mar 28, 2015.

1. mistydawnkearns

mistydawnkearns New Member

Hello, I am trying to update the product category access permissions for about 100 files. I was hoping there was a faster way to do this than by going through 1 by 1 and clicking, updating... I thought I could just click them all in the Files section in the amember dashboard and choose the Assign Category at the bottom. when I do that it doesn't give me category options to choose or if it does and I click update, I then get an internal error, contact webmaster error code.

Any tips or ideas or other way I can mass update all the files permission / category access?

Thank you in advance!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Assign Category mass action doesn't change file access permissions. It only assign file to content category (this affect display for end user).
    Unfortunately there is no way to mass change access permissions yet.
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I was also looking for a quick way to assign multiple products to a product. Found out that using the Set Access Permissions under the bulk options WASN'T what I wanted, as it cleared out the previous permissions I had already set.

What's needed is a bulk action that will add or remove product access to groups of files, without affecting other previously set permissions.
  4. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

What I meant to say above was that I was looking for a way to associate a single product with multiple files using a bulk action, using the same process as assigning a content category with multiple files.

Would love to see this in a future update.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Latest version of aMember already have feature to change access permission for files in batch. I hope it will be useful to maintain many files.
  6. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Hi Caesar,

The option that currently exists does not do what I need, which is to ADD or SUBTRACT a product from a group of files. The current option will REPLACE all access permissions with what is set.

When I used it, it eliminated a bunch of permissions I had previously set, and I had to spend quite a bit of time getting things back to what they were before I tried it.
  7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, It change permissions in batch for all selected files. It do not append but replace existing permissions with new ones.