Manually Approve New Invoices - what happens?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by adariat, Apr 8, 2014.

1. adariat

adariat Member

What is does this mean "Manually Approve New Invoices". What happens if this is selected exactly? Is the payment put on hold at Paypal until it is approved or what happens?

What is the difference between this selection "Manually Approve New Invoices" and "Manually Approve New Users" selection.

Can you please offer instructions on these settings or a tutorial. I can not find any information in your docs.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Payment will be processed without any delay but aMember do not activate access for this payment until admin manually approve invoice.

The difference between manual approve invoice and manually approve user is in case of approve user it will be done only once for user registration. In case of manually approve invoice admin will need to approve each user invoice.
  3. adariat

adariat Member

Thanks for this clear answer!
    I think I need to use the manually approve user option. Can you advise how to set up this scenario:

1. A visitor uses amember signup form to "apply" to become a member to a website forum.
    2. No payment transaction or invoice occurs at this point because if a visitor is declined membership that transaction would have to be reversed and that would be a pain.
    3. During the application process the person does not have access to any paid content. At this point their membership is "pending approval"
    4. Each member is manually "approved" or rejected.
    5. If they are approved they need to automatically be sent an email that says they are approved and telling them to go the payment system to pay for a membership.
    6.Once their payment goes threw their amember product must also change from "pending approval" to whatever product they purchased.
    7. They can not have access to the paid membership content until they pay.

Is this possible to set up and if so How do I set this up?
    Thank you for any direction you can offer.
  4. caesar

Yes, I think it is possible to set up aMember this way.

1. You need to create free product ed. 'Membership Apply' (do not provide any access based on this product)
    2. Enable option "Manually Approve New Users" (after user subscribe to Membership Apply admin should approve him)
    3. Set up paid subscription eg. 'Membership' (set up access based on this product) and set up separate signup form for it (so you have separate signup url).
    4. at aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Email Messages set up autoresponder for product 'Membership Apply' with your text to do payment and link for payment form for product 'Membership'

So user signup on default signup form to 'Membership Apply' ->admin verify his account and approve user -> User received autorecponder with link to signup for paid product -> user pay for product and get access

I hope it will hep.
    kristinfloyd likes this.
  5. adariat

adariat Member

Thank you for this it does help! I'll see if I can follow your instructions. It sounds good.
    Thanks again.
  6. adariat

adariat Member

I need a bit more help. I can't seem to find how to set the access level for an individual product.
    I create a product but there is no area where to set the access level for the product in the "Manage Product" tab. I can't see it. Can you help me out?
  7. caesar

You can protect your content based on Product at aMember CP -> Protect Content
  8. adariat

adariat Member

Ok I found it. It is not under Manage Products tab. It is under "Product Content" Integrations tab. This is where you set the access level for each product that is integrated into a third party script.
    Got it.
  9. adariat

adariat Member

I have one more question on this. Here is the scenerio - The user has applied and is now registered in amember but with no access to anything. When he is approved by admin and is sent the automated email to signup up and pay, there is a problem because he will not be able to use the same email or username as he originally used during the application process. How would you handle this since during the application they will put in the username and email they will want to use when they move to the paid membership. Do you understand what I"m saying?
    Please advise.
  10. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

But if the automated email directed them to the add/renew page after logging in, using the registered username/password, they can pay.

Or have I misunderstood the question?
  11. adariat

adariat Member

No you're understanding perfectly. That is what I want to happen I just didn't understand that there was an add/renew page. Is there documentation on the add/renew page or how do I configure this page? How do I direct only certain members to this page after logging in? I don't want everyone logging in going there. I'm sorry for all the questions.
  12. adariat

adariat Member

I think I figured this out now. The add/renew page is simply a tab in the member area that contains the default signup form.

What I'm looking for is a custom redirect after logging in. So if a member has a certain product they are redirected to this member add/renew page and if they have a different product they are directed to someplace else on the website after logging in. Is this possible?
  13. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You can add a bit of code in 'site.php' that will prevent the add/renew tab appearing for certain products and also add a tab for all, or certain, products.

So as a suggestion if somebody registered for a certain product on your site when they log in they are then redirected to this new tab. That tab then gives that person the opportunity to pay and effectively 'upgrade' their membership then next time they log in they will be redirected but the original add/renew tab will be seen.

Hope that makes sense!!
  14. adariat

adariat Member

Yes. This makes sense. I"m not sure I'm have the knowledge to write the redirect code for the site.php file. I understand the concept though. Thank you.