manual pal pay

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by ccwjames, May 6, 2016.

1. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

whats the best way to run a manual payment from pay pal? i dont want to use ipn at mo as a new account and if too many payments will flag my account

thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mind to elaborate on your use case a bit? What do you mean manual payment? I am afraid I did not understand what you want to achieve.
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

if a user goes to pick a product and picked paypal from drop down, of course this runs the ipn , they sign into pay pal and when they come back they are known to have paid ect

BUT as i dont want too many ipn payments at present as a new account and been told if new and loads of payments flags you

whats a easy way to allow pay pal manually?

maybe something like:
    ofline payment, but word it for pay pal
    tell them to send the money via a email, as gift? or as normal money?
    once paid i will do a manual add of payment?>

thanks
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

It make sense. I believe your assumptions is correct. You can use offline payment plugin for it. You need to change title of plugin to PayPal and in instruction mention that user need to send specified sum to specified paypal account with some comment (I suggest to include invoice number to this comment so you can easy find correct invoice once receive money in PayPal). Then once user send money to you can add this payment to invoice manually.
  5. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

not a bad thinking for hungover ;)