Main index page to use amember layout

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by hilla, Dec 6, 2013.

1. hilla

hilla New Member

I have installed amember at www.mysite.com/member

Now I would like to create my www.mysite.com/index.php page to use the same theme I have created in the member folder. I was under the impression that amember needed to be in its own folder separate from other site files... but this makes it seem like I will have to redirect www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/member in order to get them to the home page.

I would like to create my own custom index page, but I would like it to use my new amember layout and include the signup form on it.

Thanks
  2. hilla

hilla New Member

I have also tried this on my index file outside of the member folder...

<?php
    require_once '/member/library/Am/Lite.php';?>

<?php $title = $di->config->get('site_title', 'Index Page'); $this->setLayout('layout.phtml'); ?>
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You can design your website with to have a certain layout and then link to that layout from aMember themes so all pages have a consistent layout.

To give meaningful suggestions it would be more helpful if you posted a link to your actual site, so we can see what you are describing, rather than meaningless generic wed addresses.
  4. hilla

hilla New Member

There isn't anything to look at yet. The index page on my site is blank. I am trying to figure out what code to put in my index page to use the theme I've created in amember (as long as a page is in the amember folder, it already has the theme).

Since the amember theme is located one level below the index page, how do I tell it to look down a level and use that theme?