Mailchimp integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by iexcel, Apr 12, 2013.

1. iexcel

iexcel New Member

Hi,
    I am using mailchimp often for newsletters based on subsription and transfering list from Amember.

I have not used Mailchimp/amember plugin yet as I dont really understand the real purpose and benefit of it...yet..

Is the plugin replacing an API so I can send out from Amember and read the statistic in Mailchimp?

I am now looking into the option of autoresponder. We have it already set up in Amember, but not using the Mailchimp plugin. What is the real benefit here to use the Mailchimp plugin? Isnt it "just" extra work to transfer a list of users? In additon, users need to opt in again, as they already did on our website.

Trying to find a description of the Plugin but cant find it.

Appreciate any insight.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The MailChimp plugin works as follows:
    • You create mailing lists in MailChimp (usually a list for each aMember product)
    • In the Protect Content section of aMember you can link a specific aMember product to a specific MailChimp mailing list.
    • Then when a user signs up for a product they are automatically added to the linked list in MailChimp.
    • You then create and send emails from within MailChimp.

You can also use the built-in email utility (which is totally separate of the MailChimp integration) as needed. This utility has powerful filtering features that are good for targeting smaller specific groups.
    mellowhappy and iexcel like this.
  3. iexcel

iexcel New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. That clearifies a lot. We have now made autoresponders in amember, but the hard part is to see how they actually perform. Therefore, It would have been nice to have a better statistic to see where people "fall" off and where we and what to improve. I guess there is no such option in amember autoresponder? But the only option then will be to use the Mailchimp integration...? The cost of sending out from Mailchimp is also an issues, but maybe someone has an experience after testing and know if its worth the swap...?

regards
    Tonje
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Correct. If you want statistics (delivered via online dashboard or smartphone) you will need to use a 3rd party service such as MailChimp.
    iexcel likes this.
  5. iexcel

iexcel New Member

Thanks again Grant. I dont need to be that fancy to use smartphone etc, but cant really find statistics other than if I click on each sign up/member and that is a statistic one can work with.....

I should give it a try! Thanks
  6. iexcel

iexcel New Member

I have activated the autoresponder via a list in Mailchimp now. I have checked The Free members, but i really need to exclude the paid members when/if they convert during the periode of the autoresponder as the msg is targeted them. I did activate that in amember autoresponder, but in the plugin I cant see that option.
    (i also asked directly the amember team on email, so I sorry if I am spamming...)