Lots of pending payments

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by lukeshields, Jul 7, 2005.

1. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Just wondering what other sites using this script do when a payment is started, then not paid i.e. pending.

I get a lot of people who go throught the payment process but don't pay. Guess they are curious.

Do most of you delete the pending payments, the new member or both? I mean, is it worth keeping them in the database if they have no intention of paying?
  2. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

bump! Anyone??
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I recommend to clean this up sometimes using aMember Cp -> Delete Old Records.
  4. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Thanks. What about the membership itself? I could delete the pending payments, but what about the memberships that are created when the user signs up then does not pay?

Regards.
  5. alex

Remove everything. If they come back, they will create new accounts - it is easy :)
  6. hittjw

hittjw New Member

Removing Inactive Unsubscribes

How can I delete only pending who have selected the option to unsubscribe? This would let me purge out inactives that are no longer members, but still invite others back who have indicated they still wanted to receive mail from me.

Best,

Justin
  7. alex

Unfortunately, there is no ability do that.
  8. hittjw

hittjw New Member

I'll try having the auto-respond feature tell them to join a mailing list on my auto-responder, that way I can purge pending accounts without losing someone still interested in receiving information from me. Perhaps it could be a feature in the future, but right now your program is versatile enough to work around this.

Best,

Justin
  9. alex

Justin,
    upcoming aMember 3 will be even more flexible, because it has special newsletter subscription features. Please watch on this forum next week, I hope it will be also helpful for you and this task.
  10. cemper

cemper Member

how can I follow up with "pending" users using the newsletter feature? please explain
  11. alex

This feature was not implemented.