Lost password retrieval feature -- dysfunctional.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coolmore, Sep 20, 2012.

1. coolmore

coolmore "To charm the lands before us."

I have encountered a major snag with amember 4.2.9.. In testing the overall configuration and function of the membership program, one current roadblock remains: Upon navigating to the login page and entering either the Username or E-mail address to retrieve my lost password (although I know the actual password, as this remains a sandbox test to the function of this feature.), the resulting control handler then delivers the "Your password was sent!" message. I soon proceed to browse into my user e-mail inbox and open the administration e-mail containing the new password link. With each occasion of clicking onto this apparent reset link, I am redirected to the default error page that reads along the lines of, "Internal error happened with this script, please contact the webmaster for details."

At this point, I need full assistance to resolve this matter.

**In checking my administration dashboard ERROR/BEBUG LOG:
    Each sendpass link that was clicked from my various database user e-mail addresses came back with the message: Element type 'password:' is not known.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Looks like file
    amember/library/pear/HTML/QuickForm2/Element/InputPassword.php
    was not uploaded. Check other files too!
  3. coolmore

coolmore "To charm the lands before us."

Thank you Alex, for at the very least, responding upon this inquiry.. your program and the assistance offered to then help resolve any of these pending issues have been outstanding.
  4. vkane

vkane New Member

Hello! We are having the same problem. We checked for that file -- have a version from 1979. If there is a more recent file, where do we find it?

We are already live. Would appreciate any help! Thanks!