Looks like an invalid IPN post - no Invoice# passed

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by zenpig66, Dec 30, 2012.

1. zenpig66

zenpig66 aMember Pro Customer

This issue is a bit different from previous ionquiries with this PayPal error, I think.

I just upgraded from v3.x to v4.x and have for a long time used recurring payments via PayPal Pro just fine...and those still work. When I first started my membership site, though, it was without aMember and I used PayPal buttons for subscriptions where PayPal created subscription id numbers. When I started using aMember I was able to manually import all active subscriptions into v3.x and ipns with the paypal_r worked fine right along PayPal Pro recurring payments which I started to use when I moved to aMember.

Now after the upgrade to v4.x recurring payments are recognized just fine but the old legacy payments with subscription id numbers are not. That is where I'm getting the "no Invoice# passed". I cannot change any info at this point on how PayPal sends the subscriptions since these were created years ago and am having difficulty in now getting v4.x to associate the payment with the user/invoice. When I imported the users from v3.x to v4.x it does show the old transaction logs with subscription_id numbers in there and am thinking the regular PayPal plugin needs to be altered a bit to hunt for those but not sure.

Any ideas out there?