Long Delayed Action When Button Clicked

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by homebush, Mar 8, 2014.

1. homebush

homebush New Member

I notice when I click any of the aMember buttons, whether it be to login, order a product, view a product, go to checkout etc...the delay is so long if I was a customer I would feel like it was not working.

It appears I have to press the button twice before any action happens. This is actually not the case...the first click works, but it takes ages before the action begins to perform.

Is there a reason for this? I have other sites on my server with login and buy buttons that exhibit no slowness whatsoever, so I know it is not a server issue...it is something to do with aMember.

Thank you for any reply to this question!

Susan
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

A link might help so might be able to trace delay and what is causing it.
  3. homebush

homebush New Member

4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If you mean the 'Add to Cart' button got taken to next page in a second or two and when I clicked on 'Checkout' again probably second or two at most.
  5. homebush

homebush New Member

Thank you! I also deleted 2 plugins, (OptimizePress and Thrive Content Builder) so I don't know if that has helped, but I am happy you only took that long. It had been as long as 5 seconds and I would have to click twice to get any 'action'.

Thank you for taking the time to test it. I have been agonizing over this problem for days and been to afraid to open my site for business.

Thanks again,

Susan
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Happy to try it again if you want with those plugins reinstalled.

If you do might be an idea to do one at a time.
  7. homebush

homebush New Member

Thanks but I will leave them off as I tested my site speed and they were making it slower by 2 seconds. Yikes. If I really want one of the functions back I will try again!

Thanks again for being so supportive! I really appreciate it!

Have a great day,

Susan