login link on signup page doesn't work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by charac_1, Aug 30, 2012.

1. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

When you click the login link on the signup page, the page turns gray and hangs. I believe this is caused by a conflict between the jQuery used to open the popup login form and the jQuery already used on the website. This is a WordPress website and the jQuery files to run our carousel and galleries are loaded via the WordPress functions file (so I don't think that can be changed).

What can I do to work around this, or is there a way to change the login link on the signup page so it simply loads on that page and not in a popup?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

What version of amember? Are you using the latest 4.2.9?

David
  3. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

I just downloaded aMember Pro so I assume it is the latest version. The problem clearly involves a conflict between the jQuery used by aMember Pro and the jQuery used by an image carousel in our header. Nonetheless, I modified the /newdesign/amember/application/default/views/signup/_login-offer.phtml file to remove the ajax class from the login link. Now instead of opening in a popup window, it loads on the same page as the signup page. I don't find this an ideal solution, however, as an update to aMember Pro will no doubt wipe out my modification.