Login Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eftnewlife, Oct 11, 2012.

1. eftnewlife

eftnewlife New Member

I set a trial demo to see if everything is working on a membership site
    For four days i should log in in a different welcome page (welcome day 1, day 2 etc). So i set the parameters in the configuration-->login

I log in the first day with chrome and it's ok. But from the second day the first time i try to log in (again with chrome that is logging in directly without asking password) i get the error message below. After, when i try to log in the second time, everithing works fine and i am redirected to the welcome page of the second day the day 2, welcome page of third day the day 3 etc.

How can i solve this problem?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.mysite.com Port 80
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

As said in your post 'More information about this error may be available in the server error log.'

Can you post up what is contained in server log? It may well hold the answer.
  3. eftnewlife

eftnewlife New Member

not sure what you mean, i suppose is the "Log" tab in "Utilities"

In this case this is the description of my first login today (that one that shows the error page)

Exception Am_Exception_Redirect
    Am_Controller::redirectLocation [ application/default/plugins/protect/new-rewrite.php : 123 ]
    Am_Protect_NewRewrite->directAction [ application/default/controllers/DirectController.php : 29 ]
    DirectController->__call [ library/Am/Controller.php : 118 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 295 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1596 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 43 ]

(the next logs are the same)

Thanks
    Fabrizio
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Not the aMember log but the error log on your actual server. Normally accessed via cPanel etc.
  5. eftnewlife

eftnewlife New Member

I can't find this in the cpanel, there are too many fields and i don't remember which time i logged in first time today (and there is also difference between my time and cpanel time)

Tomorrow i will look to the log as soon as it gives the error (if it will give it) and post here

Thanks for now
    Fabrizio
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Fabrizio, that is quite strange that it happens. We would appreciate a lot if you submit a ticket with admin login info for aMember (if possible).
  7. eftnewlife

eftnewlife New Member

Thanks Alex for your help, i appreciate

Today i logged in and for the first time it was everithing alright straight away from the first log in.

I will see also tomorrow if this stay, but if you tell me i send anyway today the login info. I am not a tech person but i have the feeling that could be something about chrome (that remembers the psw and log in automatically) and the cache... just a feeling

This remind me of something that happened, and that is a similar behaviour, when i first tried to protect content. The first 4-5 times i tried to protect i got an error message, but the protection of the content was made and showed in amember. After that i never got again (till now i made maybe 30-40 protections) any error message and the protection worked fine.

I remember someone saying something like this "the computers are very strange, you never know how they will behave... and why"

i wish you a nice day
    (and just tell me if you still think that is better that the programmers have a look in my amember)
    Fabrizio