Login does not redirect

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tproducer, Apr 11, 2014.

1. tproducer

tproducer New Member

I am in the process of moving my aMember from one site to another. I was issued a temporary license. After a lot of tweaking I got everything moved. When I login as a user NORMALLY it takes me to the member area. On the new site it just refreshes to a blank screen and it still says login.php in the address bar. I know the login works because when I go back to admin I can see the login was accepted in the access log and I can also access the protected areas defined by the setup. It just doesn't take me to the normal landing page after logging in, in fact, it takes me no where. This is the final step I need resolved. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thank you in advance.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Might be helpful if there was a link to actually try and see what happens.
  3. tproducer

tproducer New Member

Ok thanks for responding. Here goes.
    I created a user: amember with a password: amember
    This is the site where it works: http://www.nrwrestling.com/amember/login.php
    Login and it takes you to the member area. That is what I need.
    Using the same username: amember and password: amember
    This is where it does not work and I am seeking help: http://50.245.206.121/amember/login.php

Like I mentioned, everything else seems to work, this is the last hurdle. I do GREATLY appreciate any help. Thanks.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Login, profile & membership.php all fail to produce any page output to browser.

First thought is assuming the two sites are with different hosts what version of php is installed on each?
  5. tproducer

tproducer New Member

I really appreciate each and every one of you for trying to help. On the working server its tough to tell but the folder is called PHP5 so I can only assume it's at least PHP5 or greater. On this server, the one not forwarding to the member page, the version is PHP 5.5.10, however, in the aMember control panel it lists PHP 5.4.24 Apache2Handler Thanks again.
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

PHP version may be your problem.

Pages I looked at seem to be V3 ones and, from deep down in memory banks, I seem to remember that from, I think, php 5.3 there was some routines that were dropped. Can't remember which, but aMember support will, but pretty certain the changes stopped V3 working.

You have to remember V3 is now quite old and was based on php versions then current. Don't think aMember supports V3 these days.

Can you not upgrade to V4 at same time as server change?
  7. tproducer

tproducer New Member

I guess I'll have to and I'll pay them to install it so it's right. Thanks again.
  8. tproducer

tproducer New Member

Following your advice I paid $80 to upgrade. Unfortunately the upgrade utility will only upgrade from 4.0 and later. I have 3.2.3 Pro. I watched the support videos on installing, they are old and the interface no longer looks the same. I watched the upgrade video and that, too, is designed for very 4.0 and on. I've been appreciative for the advice and guidance but now I am growing increasingly frustrated. The instructions are terrible, and sending an email to support and having to wait 24 hours because they work bankers hours on the opposite side of the world is frustrating. This is costing me money EVERY DAY. How can I get this new version of aMember up and running on my new site right now? Who has Teamviewer? I will pay you to do this. I cannot emphasize how important this is to get working immediately. Thanks.
  9. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Don't understand your comments regarding only upgrading from version 3 only.

Have a look here at aMember wiki
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Migration_from_legacy_aMember_Pro_v3

aMember support will do migration if you are wanting someone else to do the work.

Migrating to V4 is not a 5min job but can be well worth the effort.
  10. tproducer

tproducer New Member

I bought the upgrade, followed the outdated video instructions, and can get nowhere.
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Follow instructions in the above wiki link or else, as suggested, get aMember to do the changeover.

Hard to see where you are going in a forum post, need to be in front of your computer really.