Log out of Vbulletin and redirect

Discussion in 'Integration' started by hilary, Apr 7, 2013.

1. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

I have Vbulletin and Amember fully integrated.

With version 3 I used to have a 'log out' link that logged people out from Amember and redirected them back to the page they were viewing (amember redirect url = $scriptpath). Only problem was it didn't necessarily log you out from Vbulletin as well.

With version 4 my 'log out' link points to the Vbulletin login.php?do=logout. This logs out perfectly from both Vbulletin and Amember - but the only redirection that seems to apply here is the default Amember setting.

Is there a way to get a complete logout from both Vbulletin & Amember, and still have a custom redirect, back to the original page?

Thanks for any help.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Do you have a logout redirect set in amember?
    Why not send them to a 'logged out' page, and recommend other products?

David
  3. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

I do have a global Amember logout redirect, yes, and it's working here. But forum users would prefer to return to the page they were viewing after they log out (sometimes just to confirm that it's no longer viewable!), so I'd like to be able to set a redirect url specific to the forum's logout link, and make it '$scriptpath', which is Vbulletin's way of saying 'this page'.

I've found a Vbulletin add-on that controls the redirect url on logout (bizarre that it isn't part of the default programming, but there you go...), so I could experiment with that, see what entering '$scriptpath' as the logout url does. But I have a funny feeling it won't work here - or that if it did, it'd interfere with the Amember integration.