Limiting the Number of Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by ebizbooster, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ebizbooster

ebizbooster New Member

I want to limit the number of subscriptions to a product, either ever or active I haven't decided which. I would have thought that would be a fairly common need but don't see any discussion on this.

Any help appreciated.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I have done it using a custom piece of coding.
    It counts the number of orders completed, then disables the product when it hits that amount.

The code is available to my premium members.

David
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Just out of curiosity, what is your motivation (business goal) for locking down the number of users that can register to your site (or login).. Is this for a promo like "the first 100 to get in" or something similar?

It seems if you set an arbitrary number like 500 users, once you hit that number (or close to it) you can just disable the product given that you would only need to do it once.

Since most folks sell virtual products the notion of "selling out" really doesn't exist.
  4. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

[double post]
  5. neutron

neutron New Member

I have the same issue. I'm developing a solution for a local soccer association. During their registration day they have ~5000 people ready to try and register. However, depending on the age class, there are limited spots available.

Some age groups only have 50-75 spots. If I set them up as products, how can I make sure registration 'closes' when the limited number of paid subscriptions is reached?
  6. davidm1

You will need to do some customizations to accomplish this.

Skippy- a lot of people do this to create scarcity, or to limit the number of coaching etc.. clients. It helps create value.

David
  7. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

Yup this is possible with customization.

Lee
  8. neutron

neutron New Member

I'm waiting on a help ticket for this customization but I don't have time to wait.

I have this plus several other customizations I need done. I'll create separate threads for those.

Give me your quotes to do this particular customization.
  9. davidm1

If you are comfortable with PHP you can do it yourself.
    The code is available to my premium members.

David
  10. wa7edsoori

wa7edsoori aMember Pro Customer

If anyone can provide the piece of coding to this that would be great. Sorry david, I would love to join your site but I've already spent so much money getting my site up and running already