Limited Download And Vbulletin

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Ng, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Ng

Ng Guest

I have vbulletin 3 gamma and a seperate directory of music files.

Seems like amember is perfect for my need, the intergration that allow member to download the music on that music directory.

My question is, is there anyway to limit download in a period of time? If I want my member to download only 30 files (or songs) a month, is that possible? and to upgrade to different group will give them addtional persmission, but not unlimited. This will save me lots of bandwidth.

Thanks,
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Unfortunately, it is impossible to setup it exactly as you want.

It is possible to limit count of file downloads, but it will not work with vB.
  3. Ng

Ng Guest

So there is no way to limit the downloading, either using storage method or file counts how many files the member allow to download in one month?

I don't need it to work with vB, what I need is the member register at vbulletin, then the script paste his/her info to amember, or other way around, doesn't matter. After that, the vb/amember member is allow to access the page that he/she can download the files. The files don't list on the forum, it listed on the amember CP.

Is it possible now? or still :(.
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

this feature is not implemented yet.
    onetime_download plugin can count downloads for one file (you assign one file to one product).
    But it seems you have a lot of files which you want to serve. Unfortunately, aMember is not yet able to handle it.