Limite duration to Hours instead of Days

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dezco, May 13, 2010.

1. dezco

dezco New Member

I am looking for the ability to limit users to access for 8 hours on a streaming video that is hosted in a folder protected by amember. Our site does not have recurring billing but since it is a stream we want to only allow it for 8 hours because we are paying a certain amount per GB of data transfer. If the video is available for an entire day delivering the stream of the video (if they watch it a ton of times) will be more costly then what they paid at which point we will lose money on the sale.

We just want the ability to cap the access at 8 hours.

Has there been any support added for limiting duration to hours? Is this capable?

Any help would definitely be appreciated.
  2. todddown

todddown Member

I'd also like to be able to be able to sell subscriptions that are shorter than one day. It would be great if it was possible to add a product duration of 1 hour, 30mins and 15mins. I'm selling support time, so it would be useful to break it down into periods of less than one day.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

How is the support system controlled by amember?

David
  4. todddown

todddown Member

It's a WordPress site with full integration of aMember. Using a WordPress/aMember plugin access is restricted to a page where the connection to the remote support portal is made. By controlling the aMember subscription duration I am able to control the time the portal page is accessible.
  5. paycum

paycum New Member

is this already possible? I also really would like to use minutes/hours for certain subscriptions