License error - license domain does not match your

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 0wazza0, Sep 21, 2009.

1. 0wazza0

0wazza0 Member

I have moved my site to a new host (inmotion) and am using a temporary URL for testing until I point the name servers from the old host to the new host (same domain name). After moving the amember mysql databases and the amember files and resetting config.in.php for the new database, I get the following error when I try to enter admin:

License error - license domain does not match your domain (inmotionhosting.com!=focus-cubed.com)<br /> at http://inmotionhosting.com/~focusc7/membership/admin/index.php<br /> ref from <br><a href='http://www.focus-cubed.com/membership/admin/license.php'>If you are the site administrator, click this link to fix</a>

Despite what the error message says there is no link to click and I don't know how to fix the problem. I have asked CGI to look at it but I would also like to know in detail what to do to fix it because when the temporary URL is abandoned and we go back to the actual URL (focus-cubed.com), I will need to change the license file settings again.

Anyone help?
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

3. 0wazza0

0wazza0 Member

Thanks skippybosco; you are great tech support. I'll wait on what CGI says/does first but this tying the license to a URL is a PITA. The move from one host (globat.com) to inmotion became necessary as globat service has deteriorated over the last 6 month with a change of ownership. culimating in an sql server crash and loss of out data they they could nit fix. And now they are prevaricating on repointing our name servers to inmotion! The guy who bought the domain used globat as a reseller for enom and we are unable to change the settings ourselves without globat's participation and enom won't help either.
    As a result, in the meantime, we are being forced to used a temporary URL at inmotion until lawyers reclaim control of our domain name servers.
    Ugly, but I hope CGI can fix us in the meantime.