Licence

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Richard Prosser, Sep 24, 2003.

1. What are the licence terms for the Pro version? I can't find this information anywhere.

Thanks ...
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

aMember Pro Version is a commercial product of CGI-Central.
    Dirstributing the source code in any manner is strictly prohibited.
    We will take legal actions against who might do so.

The licensee is hereby licensed to use the program on a single web site (identified by domain name) with single database.

If licensee wants to transfer the license, he or she must contact CGI-Central for a new License Key. It is allowed only once and only within 2 months from the date of purchase.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
  3. Hi,

I've bought Amember, but when I look at the licence info
    it shows

valid thru 2003-12-28 ??

I've bought it on 8 september 2003.

Is the licence to be paid yearly or is that date only for
    installation / upgrades / support ?

Thx
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

It is described here: http://cgi-central.net/scripts/amember/order.php

Fraud protection policy.
    After order, you will receive license key valid for 4 months. After 3 months, you will be able to get lifetime license. It is our fraud protection only and you will not be asked to pay again. However, if we get chargeback for the payment, the domain name will be added to black-list and it will be impossible to use aMember script on this domain.