Let me chip in! :)

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by gabrod, Nov 8, 2012.

1. gabrod

gabrod Guest

Just a few question here too in order for me to get it quick! :p

I created a website in html on Frontpage (I know, old software, but this is the one am able to interact better - probably learn dreamweaver? lol) which it shows people static information that will be there for a long time with minor changes in the future, I have certain links that I would like to make viewable only to paid members.

- Is it possible?
    - Is the newsletter compatible with mailchimp?
    - It is possible to have the Member sign | Register at the top of the page and as soon as they are logged in it says Welcome User | My account or however is possible?
    - It is possible to redirect the user to the paid page after registering and paying instead of account page? Same when Login in?
    - Our website will not have affiliates (for now) can you shut down this since the beginning, leaving an option of turning it on in the future?
    - I noticed in the demo that you are able to create usernames manually, how about charging them manually (thru the phone?)
    - Can I control the refund process?
    - I notice that the templates are smarty ones, Can I edit them on frontpage? the most on DW?
    - If I decide to sell merchandise, can I have a shopping cart added so that they can use the same login? plugin?
    - Any update coming soon that is better for me to wait for?

Again, thank you and I apologize for some many questions, I went thru over 20 pages of pre-sales and my eyes dropped :p this is it for now.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Yes, it is possible and that is what aMember designed for!
    2. Yes, Mailchimp integration enabled.
    3. It is possible, you will have to rename your index.html to index.php and insert small piece of code to do that. We will help with it.
    4. It happens automatically with aMember
    5. Just do not enable "affiliates" module.
    6. It is possible if your payprocessor allows to do that.
    7. It depends on payprocessor again, but of course aMember does not allow customers to refund their purchases. It is always on admin (your) decision.
    8. Templates in recent aMember v4 are simple PHP scripts, you can edit it with Frontpage. However, I'd recommend to switch to DW - it is more accurate and smart about HTML code.
    9. Shopping cart module is included into aMember for no cost. It does not have shipping calculation and inventory management yet...

We are releasing updates every month or more often. I do not think you have to wait for something. Upgrade process is absolutely seamless for most customers.
  3. gabrod

gabrod Guest

Wow, awesome! Thank you, and I appreciate the help you will give me with it soon :) (I just wanna say it in advance )
  4. gabrod

gabrod Guest

Another thing,

When a user register for the first time, does he get to log in before payment is made or aMember would not let him login until payments has been received.? The reason I ask is because since I would like to redirect them to a specific page instead of the Account Page, I just wanna make sure he does not get to see the product before paying ;) Thank You Again!
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member