Kagi payment processing

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lukeshields, Apr 12, 2005.

1. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Hi, I have downloaded the free version for testing with my site, which currently accepts two payments from PayPal and Kagi. Will your software be adding Kagi payment processing in the near future?

Thanks and regards.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately, it is not planned yet.
  3. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Thanks for the reply. Its quite a shame you don't support this excellent payment processor. To sign up with your product would mean reduced sales if we can only use PayPal.

Another question - I have my own CMS system in place with which we manage members currently. If I were to use your product, it would be useful to be able to export the members to the new system.

Is there a method for this - I do not see it in the trial version.

The members we have now have their usernames, passwords (encrypted), email address, full name and subscription expiry stored in the MySQL db.

How would I import them to the new system? I do not see a facility to set a membership expiry date manually. This would be needed.

Last question - we are moving host in September. The new host, while superb, does not (currently) have IonCube or Zend Optimiser installed. They probably would do it. However, once we use are registered users of your product, would we need to have these software packages installed on the new server?

Thanks again.
  4. alex

We have (not-published) support for SWREG payment processor (if you are selling software it may be interesting for you).

Have a look to aMember CP -> Import. Everything can be imported except crypted passwords. You will need to generate new and make mass emailing to all customers with new passwords.

You can add unlimited subscriptions to any user and change expiration dates as you need. Go to member profile, then click "User Payments" in top. Got it?

Yes, aMember Pro has 2 files encoded and it requires one Zend Optimizer or ionCube Loader to be installed. However, ionCube Loader can be often loaded dynamically, then you don't need to change server software configuration at all.
  5. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Thanks for the reply. I spoke too soon, had not noticed the import function. I have now imported all my members which went well, until I noticed that the software was emailing them to congratulate them for joining! Switched off the "send email to new members" after that...

In my previous post, I was referring to a move of host. I will install the Pro version on my current host, but will move this domain to a new host in several months. Presumably if I backup all files and MySQL db, then move them over to the new server, I will not need IonCube or Zend?

Another question - I would like to pay by PayPal. You use swreg for payments. Can we pay directly to PayPal? Swreg might charge me (I think) $164 or something if I order from a EU country.

Do you have an example list of sites that use your software? It would be useful to see how it is implemented on other sites.

I run a membership service for job vacancies.

Thanks.
  6. alex

aMember Pro requirements are exactly the same as for Pro version. You may check compatibility using tester tool: http://cgi-central.net/opened/tester.zip

Unfortunately, we are unable to take payments directly, SWREG is handling payments for us, and added VAT is part of EU regulations, which we cannot violate.
  7. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Alex, I am not sure if I was clear. I want to install software on webhost A now, then move to webhost B in a few months.

Since the procedure would normally be a backup of MySQL DB's and other site files, then uploading the files to the new server, I ask the question. Its not too clear whether your software can be copied over to a new webhost.

Re payments, I actually don't live in the EU, but will be here for a week or so. I guess swreg is picking up my IP.

Your software is very good and impressive. It will make my life easier and I will buy it when out of the EU!

One member signed up today then asked for a refund. What is the best method for refunding a member in the system? Deleting the member or removing the payment?

Thanks again.
  8. alex

Your new hosting anyway need to ONE:
    - support dynamic loading of ionCube Loader (disabled safe_mode and enabled dl PHP call)
    - have Zend Optimizer installed;
    - have ionCube Loader installed;
    If it happens (can be checked with tester script I mentioned above), then aMember Pro will work on this host.

Procedure of moving aMember Pro to new host described here:
    https://www.cgi-central.net/support/faq.php?do=article&articleid=23
  9. alex

Thank you for your feedback!

I'm not sure if SWREG is picking your IP, I hope it uses credit card# to detemine if user is from EU or not. I may be wrong...
  10. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Ok Alex I guess that clears it up. I was not sure if the software is un scrambled (for want of a better word) the first time it is installed, then I could just move the files. I see that is not the case.

I may just go ahead and install on the new host. I can have zend installed I am sure.

swreg - not sure if I have to pay extra or not - the screen just says those in EU have to pay 164 dollars or something. I chose PayPal option. Did not complete the purchase since I am only in EU for another week.

Last question: Trying to get the cron.php working - is it scrambled too? Tried to setup crontab on my host according to their instructions and I get nothing happening.

I telnet in, type "crontab" then something like this:
    0 0 * * * /path/to/the/file/amember/cron.php

After pressing enter I don't get back to the prompt, so its not working. The admin aMember page says its not working too.
  11. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Could you also answer this question? Many thanks.
  12. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

And just when you thought I had no more questions..... ;)

My site features job listings. Currently, I show the job details in their entirety with the exception of the contact details. Once a user signs up, then logs in, the job details show up thanks to php sessions.

How could I do the same thing with aMember? Seems to me so far that one has to place files in a protected folder.

In my case, that would mean protecting the folder with all the jobs in it. Its important to show a potential customer what they would be paying for.

Perhaps someone has ideas of how to do this or some practical experiences to share...
  13. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

Jstubbs I've had the best luck logging in as the customer and cancelling the membership. I think you'll have some issues if you delete the account or payment via the admin. And FYI, paypal needs to be cancelled by the account holder via their paypal account.
    Tom
  14. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Hi, not quite sure what you mean - paypal needs to be cancelled by account holder? In my case, person signed up then changed their minds after paying. I just refunded them their money in PayPal itself.

Please note that I am not using aMember yet live - I am testing it out so actually I have two systems currently.

The product is a fixed membership for a month. Its not a subscription.

What I really want to know is how best to handle a refund in aMember.

BTW, I managed the cron job that I referred to earlier!
  15. tomarriola

tomarriola Member

First off, I'm a user of this software not a developer of it so take my info with a grain of salt. Alex has the best answers and he will help if you contact support instead of using these forums.

I think that since your memberships aren't renewable you might be ok with cancelling them and refunding the money. With my 30 day renewable subscription memberships the renewal part is handled by paypal and so if if I cancel the membership in amember, paypal keeps collecting the cash every month.

Tom
  16. alex

It says this to everyone. Try to start payment process with PayPal method choosed. Once you will be redirected to PayPal site, you will see final amount to pay. Nobody can bill you without your agreement, so it is safe to try.

According to manual, cron job must be set this way:
    0 0 * * * /usr/bin/curl http://www.yoursite.com/amember/cron.php
    Regarding ENTER, etc. - it depends on your server settings and has no relation with aMember, so I cannot respond. However, if you send your hosting login details to support, we will be able to help and set up the cron job for you.
  17. alex

There are numerous ways to do that, but I prefer to edit and mark user payment as "not-paid". This way you have all payments history, but user has no access.
  18. alex

If your job listing script is implemented in PHP, then I could give suggestion to your PHP developer how to implement this. There are just 2 lines to add.
  19. lukeshields

lukeshields Member

Alex, I sent you a PM with my site URL. Thanks. You will see what I have currently and what I need to do with aMember.
  20. alex

To make this happen, you can use the following PHP code:

add to start of job listing page:
    PHP:
    <?php session_start(); ?>
    add where you need conditional output:

PHP:
    <?php 
    if (array_intersect($_SESSION['_amember_product_ids'], array(1,3)){
    ?>
    SOME HTML OUTPUT HERE FOR USERS that are authenticated and have