Joomla Plugin

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by thebestgenius, Sep 27, 2006.

1. thebestgenius

thebestgenius New Member

Hi, I'm looking to purchase amember very soon, and I have not had a great chance to find out the full capabilities of CMS yet. I like the ease of use with joomla from what I've played with so far, and I had some questions about the plugins with amember when you pay for the additional installation. Sorry if the questions are noobish!

Does the plugin mean a full integration of Joomla with amember? Such as joomla will already be somewhat configured with links to important amember pages? Or is this just a simple installation of Joomla along with amember?

When users log into their amember member pages, are they automatically logged into joomla as well?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No, there is no full integration of Joomla with aMember.

Single-login between Joomla and aMember is working. I will paste the plugin readme, I hope it outlines something:
  3. thebestgenius

thebestgenius New Member

Thanks I think that helps answer some of my questions. A couple more came questions came up about the Joomla plugin:

1) When a member logs into amember (and Joomla), how does the content end up showing for the user? Will they still be on the Joomla page, or basically be entirely moved to the amember interface?

2) I plan to sell different membership levels (Free, Silver, Gold), but I'd like my silver members to have access to the free content. And For Gold members to have access all of the levels. How could I do this with amember?

Thanks!
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. aMember does not change your Joomla installation at all. It works as it worked before, just redirects to aMember for registration and send password.

2. It is easy to do with aMember (while protect folders with HTML files and images), but you can have only 2 levels in Joomla - free and registered.
  5. charles1

charles1 New Member

Where and how do I aquire the Joomla_Amember Plugin

How to Aquire the Joomla Amember Plugin.

Where do I download or purchase it?

Charles Raines
  6. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member