Joomla-aMember integration problems

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jozzz, Sep 29, 2007.

1. jozzz

jozzz New Member

Hi there,

I'm interested in buying aMember, but I got problems when trying the trial version (ioncube).

Here's what I want to do:
    - There will be no registration allowed via Joomla!
    - Login form displayed on Joomla! for registered user to login straight away
    - Introduction-only content shows for the non-member, and 'Register to read more...' should link to aMember's login-signup-forgot password form
    - User only needed to sign up once on aMember's form, while the details transfer automatically to Joomla!'s data base
    - User needs to login only once to be able to access Joomla! protected content and aMember's members.php to configure their profiles
    - There will be link pointed to members.php appears on Joomla! after users sign-in.

I managed to let user login straight via Joomla!'s login form after signed up via aMember. But when I sign in via Joomla! (able to read member-only content), I have to put all my details in the aMember's sign in form to see my subscription, and vice versa. Any idea to make user sign in once, either via Joomla! or aMember, and able to access both contents?

Another problem is, 'Register to read more..' links to Joomla!'s registration form. But if I published the mambot provided, 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' sign appears. What did I do wrong?

PS: Is there any way to change the 'Register to Read More..' sentence to 'Read More..' without changing the function?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I've got a fully functional joomla/amember site going.
    You've got to install the amember/joomla plugin, install the amember mambot in joomla, remove the joomla login and use the amember login, and use php_include to protect your content.

I've got a video showing how to integrate joomla and aMember on my site, as well as a hack which will explain how to protect your content. Check out my signature.

To change the "read more..." text, you need to edit the joomla language file.

David
  3. jozzz

jozzz New Member

When I got problem, I installed joomla-amember plugin and the mambot already, plus removed the login form. For the protection, can I use new_rewrite, as it protects everything?

Now I am using php_include to protect my joomla front page (php codes added to joomla! index.php before other codes), removed login, installed plugin and mambot.

When people access the joomla front page, it'll have these sentences:
    "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already rsent by (output started at /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html/DOMAIN/joom/index.php:6) in /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html/DOMAIN/joom/index.php on line 255"
    == line 255 to 259 ==
    The main page is under the error lines. How to get rid of this?

I've removed the Joomla! login form. How can I put aMember's login form? As of now, there is no login form on front page.

Looking forward to the response ASAP.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Reading the manual works:

http://manual.amember.com/Integrating_aMember_Pro_with_website

For all the other problems you are having with the integration I would use the suggestion found at the top of this page in red, which reads:

CGI-Central doesn't provide official support via this forum. To get quick response to your question, please contact us using Trouble Tickets system
  5. hope_rwa

hope_rwa New Member

Does aMember latest work with Joomla 1.0.14?