Joint Business - Pay Both Owners When Product Sells

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by homebush, Aug 12, 2018.

1. homebush

homebush New Member

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way (or a plugin) that allows 2 business partners to receive 50% of each sale into their own PayPal accounts (as soon as a product is sold)?

Rather than one partner receive all funds and the other partner wait to be paid.

Thank you!

Susan
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Joint venture plugin, the second person is defined as getting 50% the rest stays with the other
  3. homebush

homebush New Member

Hi Jenolan,

Thank you for replying! :)

I wondered if the JV plugin was my answer!

So am I correct in thinking that plugin will pay 50% into 2 PayPal accounts simultaneously?

Thanks again!
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

As far as I know it will but you need to be pretty careful setting up, especially running out of memory, chargebacks etc
  5. homebush

homebush New Member

Thank you! I'll go and purchase it now! :D
  6. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Susan, I am afraid JV plugin does not do what you want. You still get all payments to single PayPal account and then
    do payout to your partner (once a month or bi-weekly) according generated payout report.

Best Regards.
  7. homebush

homebush New Member

Oh well... I purchased it and I am just about to install it now.

Perhaps it could be a future feature for this plugin? It would be great to be able to split monies received between 2 PayPal accounts. The main reason being PayPal fees in and then PayPal fees out, when paying the partner.

Thanks for letting me know before I install it. I'd be wondering why it wasn't working for me, and putting in a support ticket. :)
  8. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I have one idea. It is not easy to split single payment to several paypal accounts but we can do customization
    to rotate paypal account for payments. I mean every odd payment goes to one account and every even to another.
    In case of all your payments has same amount that it should works for you. What do you feel about it?

In case of you are interested then please submit tickets to helpdesk:
    https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.
  9. homebush

homebush New Member

Thank you for trying to provide a workaround! I greatly appreciate that! However, our products are all different prices, so it will be better to leave it as is.

Thanks again Caesar!
    caesar likes this.
  10. karyng01

karyng01 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Susan,

I was looking for just this feature and found it via PayPal Adaptive payment API.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/adaptive-payments/

It takes a single payment and splits it between one or more partner PayPal accounts in various clever ways.

However having created this feature they killed it December 27, 2017 though the API interface documents are still out there. Didn't mean to raise your hopes but wanted to share the information that PayPal tried this very idea then for some reason decided not to continue.

However the Stripe Connect payment services DOES (for a monthly fee) provide a similar feature that is still available.

https://stripe.com/connect

If you want this split payment ability, this was the only company I could find that offered it at this time.

Hope this helps.

Aly
    homebush likes this.
  11. homebush

homebush New Member

Hi Aly, how wonderful! I just read the PayPal page you posted... and it looks like if I apply and they approve, I can use the 'Adaptive Payments' feature. I might wait to make more sales on the new domain I'm using and then give it a try. :) Thanks again for sharing this info!
  12. karyng01

karyng01 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Susan,

So sorry, please read my post, PayPal had this service up 2015-2017 then CANCELED the service. I called PayPal directly by phone and all new applications are no longer being accepted.

The only option I found was Stripe Connect which allows distribution of a single incoming payment to multiple vendors but you pay monthly and its a different merchant account. It didn't work for me changing vendors but it is an option.

Aly
    caesar likes this.
  13. homebush

homebush New Member

Hi Aly,

Don't apologize... I think you've been extremely helpful! :)

Thanks again,

Susan