Issues with product requiring a Paypal account

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by tamitaylor, Nov 5, 2012.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I have a member who has purchased several products in the past without issue. I have a new product she wants to purchase and she said it's asking her for a PayPal account which she does not want to have.

Her last product purchased was 10/14 so I don't know if this is due to an update or if she's clicking something different once at Paypal that she didn't click last time. She said that she clicks to register for the product then at Paypal she said she "clicks on Australia" and that's when it starts asking her to open an account and gives her questions like if she's in a government position (job).

Has anyone had an experience with this?
  2. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

If it's for recurring billing, paypal requires them to open up an account. If it's a 1 time purchase, she might be missing the small link where it says 'don't have a paypal account?' and they can pay with cc. I have paypal express and stripe as options now. Stripe takes cc payments including recurring and people don't have to sign-up for any account.
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I asked her and she said it makes her choose Australia when she enters CC info in order to take her address for confirmation. Once it switches her to Australia it starts asking her questions. I don't know I am trying to find someone else from Australia to confirm.