Is writing a variable to database from php page possible?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by lttsmart, Apr 4, 2014.

1. lttsmart

lttsmart New Member

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to write a custom variable to the amember database?

I have a product that is delivered in a series of modules and it would be nice to assign a "moduleID" variable as each one is completed so that on next entry they would be directed to the next module rather than always back to the introduction.

Appreciate some guidance on how this might be accomplished.

Thanks.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Why not, or even use a separate database.? Table containing member reference number, from which everything aMember can be referenced, and module reference (plus any other information you want stored).

Then whenever member logs in script queries this table to see what module they are currently on.

Problem is what is your level of PHP programming? Meaning do you just need hints as how to accomplish what you are trying to achieve or someone to actually implement this?
  3. lttsmart

lttsmart New Member

Thanks for reply. Current hosting solution only has 1 database and weighing the cost of adding 2nd database for just 1 field vs possibility of adding it to current amember database.

Current level of php programming is moderate, so would weigh the pros / cons of spending my time to do it vs finding someone to help implement as well.