Is this simple idea possible in something like amember?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by rfairweather, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rfairweather

rfairweather New Member

2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

For a single file buy the OneTime Download (it allows more than once) simply put the file anywhere outside the web path add it to the plugin/product and whammo it will be on their user panel to download. You can have as many files/products as you like.
  3. rfairweather

rfairweather New Member

even for subscriptions?

where can i find more info on this?
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

For what you describe- amember will do exactly what you want.
    Suggest you download the free trial and give it a whirl. I think you'll get a better idea of it from creating a product, protecting a directory and signing up, even as just a free user.

David
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Yes.

If you have a product (subscription) that has a renewal period then they will have access to the file specified in that product only while they are 'current' if they don't renew they lose access to the download link.

It is lited in the customer area to purchase, really doesn't have anything written it just works, if you buy it and can't make it work gimme a yell probably only charge $10 to set up a sample for you to start off with.

Larry
  6. rfairweather

rfairweather New Member

sounds good. I'll give it a shot.

Just to clarify, if I protect a directory site.com/directory does that mean that the file site.com/directory/file.rar is also private and only accessible to members/customers who bought membership to open that specific directory?
  7. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yep, you got it.

David