Is there a limit to the number of registrants?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by seashell, Feb 28, 2004.

1. seashell

seashell Guest

Hi,

I'm very curious. I am using the free version of aMember. I know you can't give me an exact number, but a good guess will do. Even a range of numbers will give me an idea. What is the limit to the number of registrants aMember, free version, can handle? How about the pro version?

Thanks again!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

There are no limits hardcoded, but
    aMember Free - near 5,000 should work;
    aMember Pro - worked with 90,000 (I saw this installation and it has no problems.).
  3. Rani

Rani New Member

alex,

could you elborate a little more on this point? i mean if you say "there are no limits hardcoded" why not say "there are no limits as long as you keep buying more space/bandwidth" or whatever... what problems do u expect with really high membership subscriptions? what would be the solutions regardless of cost? this is a rather critical issue for me. i am on the process of developing a site and when it's ready i'm planning to use amember pro. it is hard for me to project membership, but 300,000 would not be unreasonable. can u explain my options at that level of memberships and beyond. thanks.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

there can be problems with accessing amember admin panel, or for example, sending bulk emails from aMember CP. It is just not optimized for million records.

Members still be able to signup and visit protected areas.