Is it possible to use Amember Cart For Digital AND Non Digital Stuff?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by question, Apr 4, 2010.

1. question

question New Member

I am getting ready to launch a product that will be a protected video course. I will use Amember to manage it, take payment via Paypal, assign username and passwords, etc.

My question is, can I sell other products (non digital DVD's) using Amember's shopping cart system even though these products are not digital and not part of a membership site?

For example, if someone purchases the online course, I want to be able to sell them offline DVD's as well without having to use another shopping cart.

Is this possible with Amember and basically how is it done?

Thanks!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Although it can be used as a cart- amember is primarily a membership management system.

There are some plugins that will let you hook into outsourced shipping like kunaki or disc.com.

Is this what you are asking about?
    Or are you looking for a way for amember to give you a shipping list daily?
    (i think paypal does this, dont they?)

David
  3. coderxo

coderxo New Member

You can use amember for such.
    It is up to physically deliver the product after a customer has paid for
    the product or subscription.

Like davidm1 said, there are plugins that do the physical delivery /shipping automation if you have signed up with a cd fulfillment service like kunaki or disk.com

Good luck
  4. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

I have aMember shipping DVDs via cd-fulfillment and books via vervante.. works well.
  5. nigp

nigp aMember Pro Customer

Vervante and aMember

How do you pick up the delivery address to send them to? I'm using 1Shopping Cart...
    Thanks
  6. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

7. peakpixel

peakpixel New Member

My client wishes to have a membership site for a monthly online magazine. In addition, they have a book they would like to sell. So far this is the only physical product they wish to sell. The ability to puchase the book should be available to members and non-members.

Can a user select to join the site (membership/subscription) AND at the same time purchase the book? In one transaction? All with aMember?

I believe the client is OK with shipping the book themselves for now.
  8. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think you'll need to make multiple products in amember to handle this.
    1) membership only
    2) membership and book
    3) book so that members can buy later or seperate

David
  9. peakpixel

peakpixel New Member

Thanks David!

Do membership sites not often sell physical products also? I have a hard time believing there isn't a use case for this on many sites. However, I sure don't see the ability to purchase a membership and a physical product in the same transaction in the feature list of any popular membership plugins or software.
  10. peakpixel

peakpixel New Member

David - I forgot to say that I like your idea of having 3 products. We can even make the "bundle" discounted. I'll definitely run this by the client!
  11. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Actually amember allow to select two products in one transaction, but this just will not work for all payment plugins (incl. 1SC) However this is supported by all cc_core based payment plugins.
  12. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner