Is it possible to send more than 30 emails at a time?

Discussion in 'Installation' started by dreamorigin, Jul 10, 2013.

1. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

I am using amember 4, and when I am sending an email down to our 15K members, I get a script time out error several times which forces me to sit in front of my computer the WHOLE time waiting so I can refresh the page when I get the error so that I don't have to start over, because it does not have a way to let you pick up where you left off, and I do not think people want to get 10 emails from me saying the same thing...

So is there a way to increase the amount of emails being sent in a batch? We send via Amazon SES, so can send up to 100K/24 hours. I would like to send between 100-200 per batch if possible so that I did not have to spend 2-3 hours sitting in front of my screen for no reason!
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

There is an email throttling setting on the eMail configuration page, but that should apply to email sent via the host server. Since you are using Amazon SES I assume there is a plugin in play that would control the number of email sent from aMember to Amazon SES. I just don;t have experience with the Amazon SES service.