Is ionCube Required for Pro version???

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by hp3kman, May 1, 2004.

1. hp3kman

hp3kman Guest

I've been attempting to try this product, but my hosting provide does not have and will not load IonCube...is this only a requirement for the free version???

If it's not required for the full version, I will buy it...it looks like just what I need, and it will integrate w/ my vBulletin installation.

Thanks!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

One ionCube Loader or Zend Optimizer is required to run aMember Pro. Please ask your hosting to install one.
  3. hp3kman

hp3kman Guest

I guess I won't be able to use it then, I've already asked my provider, and this was their response:

" Unfortunately, we cannot install that, as we like to keep our php installation as stable as possible."

I was looking at another script a year or so ago which required Zend, and I got the same response, although I was told I could run the optimizer as I cgi, but I had/have no idea how to do that...do you know how?

Thanks for your help, anyway!
  4. alex

Yes, I know how to do it, and I can do it for you. However, there will be a restriction - it will be impossible to use advanced protection technique and there will be popup login box when member opens protected area.
  5. hp3kman

hp3kman Guest

So it would be more like .htaccess??? Is all the other functionality the same?

If I understand correctly, then even if you run Zend Optimizer as a .cgi, it would still not be able to use the advanced security features...?
  6. alex

Yes, it is only restriction that mod_rewrite protection will not work in your case.
  7. hp3kman

hp3kman Guest

Hmmm...

To demo the system, I don't really care...if I really like it, I can always move to a dedicated machine with my host (they'd install anything I want there...).

Can you set it up for me so I can try it out??? Let me know what access you'd need...

Thanks for your help!

Maynard
  8. alex

I'm sorry, but we don't offer free installation for trial. You can order aMember Pro (with 1-month moneyback guarantee), then free installation included.
  9. hp3kman

hp3kman Guest

I can understand that, but could you al least tell me how to set up Zend as a .cgi so I can finish the install myself...I've looked on their site and come up w/ nothing...

I don't want to buy until I'm sure it's what I need...

Thanks for your help!
  10. alex

Could you ask your hosting how to build PHP as CGI? I hope they offer some how-to. I know how, but it is really long to explain...