Is aMember Pro v.4 Available?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sharonmc2010, Nov 13, 2011.

1. sharonmc2010

sharonmc2010 New Member

Sorry if this has been answered but I can't tell from the posts of v.4 is available yet. When it is available can I get aMember service to do the upgrade?

Thanks

Sharon
  2. comptech520

comptech520 New Member

aMember 4 is available. Login to your aMember account and renew your subscriptions if need be and it will be there.
  3. glrfcentral

glrfcentral New Member

the newly formatted website shows version 4 as beta, not as a final release
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I asked Alex about this. They consider it a stable release, they just haven't changed the label. I suspect it will get changed real soon.
  5. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

I'm not sure I'd call it stable, or near stable. Maybe for new users but from the test upgrade I just attempted it has a way to go.
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Upgrades are not recommended yet. aMember 3 and aMember 4 are two completly different scripts so upgrade will never be simple.
    We plan to create upgrade instructions (for v3 to v4 upgrade procedure) and also test and improve v3 import script in near future.
    Before then, I don't recommend to upgrade your live v3 installation.
  7. fergus

fergus New Member

i have a v3.x license which expired some time ago and didnt use yet, i was planing to start with it and found now that v4 is here so im planing to upgrade before starting so i will not need to fight with migrations or upgrades later.

i have 2 questions:
    1- is the upgrade needed the one shown as $80/year in the member area?
    2- i have the "remote plugin" (the one that connects remotely using xlmrcp or something like that) which is a must for me and wonder if it will still work in v4 or there is any plan to port it later. in fact, without this plugin i cannot even start with amember, so either i will need to use v3 or wait until released.

waiting your comments
    fergus
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. yes.
    2. unfortunately it will not work with aMember4. But we plan to port it. but I can't provide exact timeframe for this.