Is Amember For Me?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Johnny Honk, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Johnny Honk

Johnny Honk Guest

Hi there, I'd appreciate some advice re: aMember.

What I need is this.

My site is going to be both a membership based site and a buy now site.

With our products, you can either sign up and be a member for 3 months, 12 month or lifetime (each has different costs obviously). This option gives you access to everything. Or, you can choose buy now and get access to only 1 particular product line.

I would also like to have a affiliate option if possible. Not too important but would be nice.

I have not yet chosen a payment processor company, but ideally I would like a company that I can charge in US dollars and have it sent back to my account in Australia. I know this is probably off topic but I'd appreciate any recommendations.
    Further to this, I would prefer that the payment appears to come from my site, not to whisk the user off to 2checkout or paypal or whatever, is this possible with aMember?

I would also like the ability to set recurring payments. So if the user has a 3 months subscription it will auto re-bill them unless they opt out.

My hosting provider is a on a linux server with php and mysql.

Lastly, I would like the ability to set up special offers. Ie. You might buy a subscription for say $50, but if you click this special link it'll let you buy it for $40...something like that.

I have looked at Dreamaccount, but a lot of peoples negative comments are making me look elsewhere...

Oh, I know bugger all about PHP so, if this product is easy to configure, it'd be a great start!

Thanks.

JH
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

It is possible and easy with aMember.

You can use any third-party affiliate solution with aMember.

aMember supports a lot of payment processors - have a look on features page. Just choose one. With some credit card processors aMember can work so entire signup process will be completed on your site.

These plugins also supports recurring billing by default.

You can create any number of discount coupons. if user enters valid code on signup page, he gets speicfied discount.
  3. gennaro

gennaro New Member

No to DreamAccount!!

Stay away from DreamAccount!! It is terrible!!!
    I got it and it sucks!!!
    Addition to my inicial explosion:
    Sorry for the outburst. I've been struggling with DreamAccount for two months now. They are very quick to deal with you when you are considering the product but once you buy it, nothing. I have sent at least 100 emails over this period and about ten were answered. I eventually just asked for my money back. That's when I was removed from the closed forum and never heard from them again! It is bordering on criminal what they (Tony) do. I have no idea why he acts that way. Maybe he is totally overwhelmed, but it is really bad service. The program is full of bugs and I've had to hire a programer for countless hours to get it to come even close to working. I see other people post in the forum frustrated too. Maybe that is why his forum is closed.
    It's not like I am an idiot who always pesters the company either. I know a fair bit about programing and try to do it myself. But their support is zilch.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

2gennaro and 2ALL: I appreciate your choice (I hope you choose aMember Pro over other products), but such critique is not useful for everyone, please avoid such things. You would better post some details.