Is aMember compatible with GoDaddy?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by blkbeard, Oct 26, 2007.

1. blkbeard

blkbeard New Member

I saw the list of recommended hosts, appreciate that.

I was burned earlier when I purchased a similar script only to find out it wouldn't accept the password requirements GoDaddy hosting has for database passwords (ie, a capital letter must be included).

Is aMember 100% compatible with GoDaddy hosting? If so, you're about to have a new customer...

Thanks in advance,
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure there is no issues with aMember and godaddy currently.
  3. nathcurtis

nathcurtis New Member

Problem with new_rewrite folder protection on GoDaddy

I have just installed aMember on a godaddy shared server. all appears to be working well - except the only option available to me from the amember folder protection page is htpasswd.

new_rewrite (my prefered method) is greyed out with the comment "RewriteRule doesn't work in .htaccess files on this server"

According to the godaddy help it should work:

--start godaddy help article--

Mod_rewrite is an Apache web server module installed on all of our Linux severs by default; it does not have to be installed or enabled. Our Linux hosting accounts support most mod_rewrite functionality.

You will not need to enable mod_rewrite in your httpd.conf, as this is handled at a global level. All you will need to do is add the desired code to the body of your .htaccess file.

--end godaddy help article--

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks

Nathan
  4. kieronhowarth

kieronhowarth New Member

Hi,
    We too are using a Godaddy shared server. Although not getting the "new_rewrite" option greyed out we are getting the message "Unable to fetch result of test from ..."
    There's a FAQ about this where it says "Go to aMember Cp -> Setup/Configuration , and try to set "cURL path" configuration value. Try to set it to "/usr/bin/curl" and press Save. If you don't see red error message in the top of screen, it means that configuration saved successfully and problem is resolved. Try to run aMember CP -> Protect Folders again.
    If you see red error message (about not-working curl), contact your webhosting support and ask them to install cURL PHP extenstion or install command-line version of cURL and send you path to cURL executable."

I'm probably being stupid but I can't find where to set the "cURL path" configuration value under Setup/Configuration. Anybody know where to find this?

Amember has only recently been installed on our site so I was supposing it was an installation problem. I have put a support ticket in.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk we will check what can be wrong.
  6. rfranta

rfranta Member

Did you ever get this fixed I am having the same problem with Go Daddy?