Ip Address Tracking

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by anon123, Feb 20, 2007.

1. anon123

anon123 Guest

Does aMember only keep track of the ip used when the user registers / signs into their account for the first time?

When looking into my database for my members for the table, "Remote_addr" it only shows the ip used when they first signed in, it doesn't update the ip everytime they login.

This is not good for me since i have another script that only allows access to files if their ip is in the database.

Is this a problem with the script, any suggestions .. ?
  2. dynamicm

dynamicm New Member

When you log in to your aMember/admin page look under Utilites
    Then click Access Log
    This recode every IP address that Member used.

You can also track the member by login name and then click on Access Log and see every IP address that Member used.

Also you can block member's that used more then IP address. To set this up, log in to your aMember/admin page
    1. Goto Utilites
    2. Then click Setup/Configuration
    3. Click on Advanced
    4. And look for this setting Maximum count of different IP
    5. Then set to whatever you want let say 2
    if member will reach this limit, his account will be locked
  3. anon123

anon123 Guest

Well the thing is i'm setting up a script that only allows people to access this file if their ip is in the database, and i need a way to get the last ip used from each user via the database.
  4. dynamicm

dynamicm New Member

setup this Maximum count of different IP to 1

then setup your script that only allows people to access this file if their ip is in the database.
  5. anon123

anon123 Guest

Whats the point of that? Then people that have ip's that change daily would be unable to use my service.
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I don't recommend to setup such restrictions by IP.
    It may be interesting to know that AOL customers will use new IP for each page access (AOL uses a round-robin proxy pool). And there are other ISP playing games like that :)