Invision Power Board 3.0.X

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by lunchbox, Aug 15, 2009.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

Has anyone used aMember with IPB 3.0.X yet?
    We have been looking for a product like this to tie IPB with membership management for a long time and this looks like it might be it.

I would really like to be able to talk to someone and explain (or show) what we need aMember to do for us. Not just the tie into IPB but the way we need to be able to sell our membership and option members can pick that depend on their base membership.

Also, depending on the base membership level we would need to get different info, can that be done?
  2. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

So no one here uses IPB 3.0 with aMember?

Well, I am trying to use aMember with IPB 3.0
    I am trying the pluging aMember provides with the DEMO; invision2

It does not seem to work, the error says "Forum Path - incorrect value. Could not find conf_global.php" but I clearly see that file in the folder
  3. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I am using 3.x on JLogica with my integration plugin no worries.

Larry
  4. lunchbox

lunchbox New Member

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a demo version? I would like to see if we can get this aMember product to do what we need and to tie it into our IP Board.
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Sorry not setup for demo's at the moment. If you go over to JLogica and fill out a contact message I will see what I can do for you.

Larry
  6. maccast

maccast New Member

If I already have an IPBoard forum set up with about 5,000 members can your plug-in also handle converting existing IPBoard users over to "members" when the sign-up via aMember?
  7. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Conversion is something that you would need to have done for you unless you are a serious PHP coder. I do conversions, miso does as well.

Larry
  8. railroadmedia

railroadmedia New Member

Will this support single login integration along-side the plugin for Amember/Wordpress integration?

In other words, I want users to be able to login ONE TIME for access to wordpress comments/posting-prevliges, amember subscriptions, and IP.Board 3.x forums.
  9. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, single-login is working but depends on point where customer is logged-in. If customer is logged-in via aMember login form - he is automatically logged-in to WP and IP.B . It does not work completely vice-versa : if customer is logged-in to WP, he will be logged-in to aMember, but not to IP.Board.
  10. mediavantagellc

mediavantagellc New Member

I'm actually trying to set IPB and I'm having the "Forum Path - incorrect value. Could not find conf_global.php" problem. My forum is located in /www/forum

I tried everything, from

/www

to

http://myurl.com/forum

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
  11. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

12. kimboy

kimboy New Member

If I already have an IPBoard forum set up with about 5,000 members can your plug-in also handle converting existing IPBoard users over to "members" when the sign-up via aMember?
  13. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes, existing users will be able to use the same login/password as in IPB.
    Also, this is possible to modify aMember login page, so, when user will try to login using IPB login/password, aMember will create account for user automatically.