Interspire integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by borise, Apr 11, 2013.

1. borise

borise Member

Hey Alexander,

I've been playing around with the Interspire integration plugin. Got it set up correctly and all works as it should. :) Active members are being added to specific lists, which is a great thing.

I do have a question though. Once amember and IEM are "speaking", I can assign members to a list based on the product I select under Access Permissions.

Is there a way to assign PENDING users to a list? I'd love to assign this group to a specific list, which would of course consist of several autoresponders - allowing me to maximize income.

Hope you might have a solution.

Thanks a lot!

Here's something for people trying to integrate this plugin, as there is no documentation yet:

This one thing got me puzzled for hours. Additional member information such as first name, last name, etc. didn't make it to Interspire Email Marketer. After analyzing the code, I came across /application/newsletter/plugins/interspire.php.

The following code is found on line 48:
    PHP:
    'user' => array(

=> $user->name_f,

=> $user->name_l,

=> $user->phone,

=> $user->city,

=> $user->state,

10 => $user->zip,

11 => $user->country
    Make sure that the ID's of custom fields created in IEM correspond with the numbers in the code above. I.e. if your "first name" custom field in IEM is id=1, then you should enter 1 for $user->name_f.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure you can do this. When you create integration for IEM, in Access permissions click on "make access free" link.
    All users will be added to this list, even pending.
  3. borise

borise Member

Thanks for your reply.

I was actually looking for a way to isolate the pending members, and add them to a different list than other users, one that's far more agressive to selling the product than the the list for active members. Would this be possible?

Also, I'm trying to understand the way amember communicates with the Interspire API. Would an active member that's added to the list ACTIVE stay in the list once their membership expires, or would amember communicate this to IEM and delete the user from list or re-assign it to a different list?

Thanks a lot!
  4. alexander

1. Currently this is not supported. We plan to implement such functionality in future versions.
    2. When user's subscription expires, user will be removed from associated lists.
  5. borise

borise Member

Thanks for the answers.

I don't know whether no.1 is being implemented soon, but it would be great. Until then, I will let amember autoresponders for pending users handle this, but using Interspire would allow for endless statistics (opens, clicks, etc.) which would allow for lead generation and maximization of income.

So I really hope this will be implemented soon.
  6. alexander