Integration with Invision Power Board

Discussion in 'Integration' started by sheila_r, Feb 7, 2013.

1. sheila_r

sheila_r aMember Pro Customer

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has been able to fully integrate aMember 4 with Invision Power Board 3.1.3. I have been able to get everything integrated except for replacing the sign-in form in Invision Power Board. I know that I can simply redirect people to go to the amember form when they click on the sign in link in Invision Power Board, but I would like to keep the user on the forums without making them leave. There is a field in Invision Power Board called "Log in form html" which allows you to put code in that box that will replace the default login form in Invision Power Board (see here: http://screencast.com/t/InHLXj92B). I was told by aMember support that this code should work in that box:

<form action="/amember/login"
    method="post" name="login"> <input
    type="text" value="" size="15"
    name="amember_login" id="login"> <input
    type="password" size="15" name="amember_pass"
    id="pass"> <input type="submit"
    value="Login"> </form>

So I entered the above html code to replace the default sign in code, I then clicked the "sign in" link on the forums, but the sign in page doesn't show a form. It instead provides an "array" error message.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. It has been a real challenge trying to figure out how to replace the default sign in form with amember's sign in form.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This seems to be an Invision issue. HTML code which you copied on your message doesn't contain php, so I believe that option just don't work right in your Invision installation.
  3. sheila_r

sheila_r aMember Pro Customer

Hi Alexander. You are correct. It turned out to be a problem with Invision and they fixed the problem. The form works now, but I was wondering what would need to be added to the above code to make the user be returned to the page that they were on (like a redirect to last page visited). If it is not possible to redirect to the last page, then I would at least like to redirect the user to a specific URL of my choice. Please advise on how to do a redirect of the form after signing in.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Add one hidden input to your form:
    <input type=hidden name='amember_redirect_url' value='/url/'>
    If you can use php inside your infusion template you can use <?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];?> as redirect url.
    That will print url of current page