Integration preparation

Discussion in 'Integration' started by veeco, Feb 19, 2013.

1. veeco

veeco New Member

Hello Guys,
    I'm not an aweber user (yet), but i'm thinking to buy amember because its capabilites to do integration since some membership script i bought is fixed with the payment gateway. But before i start, i would like to know :
    1. What skill should i have to build such integration (especially payment gateway) ? i quite good in php/mysql working with joomla cms/joomla platform a lot.

2. How's the learning curve in most of you ?

Thanks
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

aMember supports over 50 payment processors and activating one of them is pretty straight forward, and shouldn't be considered an "integration".

aMember is extremely configurable and powerful therefore to "master" it does require time and effort. I think it is important that you have the discipline to read instructions and follow them explicitly.

If you plan to integrate aMember with a third party front end such as WordPress, Joomla, etc, you should fully understand the front-end solution before attempting an integration.
  3. jenrun

jenrun New Member

Hi Grant,

I am wondering if you can help me with a Joomla glitch.

I built my site using Joomla and I love it. I have the Access Levels all set with User Groups, and my aMember Joomla Plugin allows me to "integrate" my products with those Access Levels.

aMember signup forms are doing well, creating the user record and sending it over to Joomla with the correct User Group assigned.

However, when I try to access a protected page (protected by a JAL), I am asked to log in again and again, and Joomla's login form shows up--even though I am logged in using aMember's system.

Also, when I copy and paste the direct URL into the address bar, it tells me, "You cannot access the Private Section of this site."

It's as if I am not getting logged in on the Joomla side, although when I check in aMember's CP, I am logged in (on the aMember Profile).

Any ideas?

Blessings,
    Jen
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I do not have any Joomla experience, sorry.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Is the login in joomla changing from the form to welcome text? I think you are having a problem with the basic integration.

David