Integration and database mapping

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by neel, Feb 5, 2006.

1. neel

neel New Member

Hallo!

Just got diverted from *******. I do not really require billing system. Just sharing databases and mapping between user tables would be sufficient.

Apart from Billing that ******** has, I have not been able to figure it out the differences. It seemed like that it is easy to integrate 3rd party scripts with ********* very easily. Since there is no demo available, I am not able to see things and would honestly ask for a true opinion.

Is it possible to integrate Software without plugins that are listed out in the feature listing. I need a couple of them that are not there.

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Unfortunately, it is impossible to integrate without plugins. In fact, ******* idea of integration has been stolen from aMember, so there is no big difference.
  3. neel

neel New Member

Hello Alex!

Thanks for your promt reply.

Well, I see that with the other software, there is no problem to create ones own plugin by database mapping.

But if I cannot create my own plugin, since you do not have one, how am I going to use it? That means that aMember is really restrictive to only plugins available.

But that really disappointed me. Dont you have plans or wish to make it a bit more general so that people can make their own plugin and use all other software?
  4. alex

5. neel

neel New Member

Hallo Alex!

There seems to be a misunderstanding. The link you sent is really known to me. However, in the pre-sales phase the details in there would eat a hell lot of my time in analysing if a custom plugin that I want to make would work.

Simply because of it I placed a message, i.e. to ask you as a shortcut.

I also have understood that, keeping in mind the chapter of integrated plugin exists, a custom plugin SHALL NOT work. This is what you said, right? You said that without the ready made pluggin there is no way.

So what actually mean? is there a possibility to make a custom plugin for a software that is really not listed out there? I have about three unknown software that are not listed.
  6. alex

Very short response - if you are a PHP programmer or can hire one, it is easy and quick to implement a new integration plugin for aMember for any third-party software. There are no limitations in this.
  7. neel

neel New Member

Hallo Alex!

That sounds getting into my head. Can we discuss this a little.

I am not a programmer and would not like to pay. However, I am used to customise a bit and would do it.

I would like to know it this is possible. If yes, which you confirmed, how difficult it is, so that I may think of buying it, without any of the plugins.

What I need:

I have a database (not-profit) of about 40.000 users. I do not need any professional billing system, as I said before. Little money is available. I have 3 - 5 scripts with different functions. Those scripts are stand-alone. Some have Groups functions and some not. We plan to extend and use more scripts.

Hence, we need a central login or atleat central user management system.

If it is not offering a central logging due to Domain <> Cookie problem, its OK. However we (better say myself) will customise all the software scripts to user the registration and modification routines to point and redirect it to aMember.

The login/logout could take place by the stand alone scripts.
    Hence:

By registration or modification, will all the data be updated within the database of the aMember which will eventually reflect into the database of aMember + Stand alone Scripts?

2. If there is a new registration for a particular Stand alone Script A, where will be the record inserted. I beleive in the aMember tables. (And not into the Stand alone user tables)

3. If there modification required by the user, where will be done. In the aMember, or?

4. Is it very difficult to create a plugin? Are there examples?
  8. alex

I'm affraid, for non-programmer it will be too complex to customize plugins. I don't say it is impossible, but hard.

1. Yes, if integration plugins are installed.
    2. No. aMember won't know about this at all. Registration in all third-party scripts must be disabled and make redirect to aMember signup page. It is said: ONE-WAY INTEGRATION: from aMember to scripts.
    3. If profile modified in aMember, it affects all third-party scripts. Not vice-versa.
    4. Answered above. If you email me to alex@cgi-central.net I will email you a copy of real plugin.
  9. neel

neel New Member

Hallo Alex!

Thanks for sending.

I had the following error:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format ID 2003120701, whereas the Optimizer can read up to 2002062301 in /home/www/html/amember/index.php on line 0

I uploaded in binary! Any ideas?

Thanks
  10. alex

Could you ask your webhosting to upgrade Zend Optimizer? Your host has very old version installed. If it is impossible, please try to use ionCube version of trial.