Integrating aMember and WHM or WHMCS

Discussion in 'Integration' started by adammurray, May 23, 2010.

1. adammurray

adammurray New Member

Hey,

I'd like to integrate the creation of hosting accounts for new members through aMember using either WHM or WHMCS. Does any one know if any plugins exist for this? If not, does any one think this is possible for someone to develop?

Thanks,
    Adam
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Wouldn't WHMS pretty much handle your membership management needs? Maybe if you clarified what exactly you were hoping to accomplish by overlapping the two system, you could get some better advice.
  3. tludi

tludi New Member

Integrate Hosting

I am interested in this as well. We are currently using aMember for our products, and expanding to provide web hosting. It would be nice to integrate with WHMCS so that we stay on one platform (aMember).

-Tim
  4. slinky

slinky Member

I am working on this at the moment. Funny you ask as I just purchased amember and spoke to Alex about it. I've given him access to take a look at what I'm running.

WHMCS will not control memberships in various places although it is good at what it does. Right now I needed a solution and amember at least ties together everything all in one.
  5. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

whmcs/amember action hook

I sent alex a PM reminding him of the hook that he created for me that creates a whmcs user when a user is created in amember.

I'll update you when I hear back.
  6. jcary

jcary Member

I will jump on this thread and revive it, as I too am looking for the possible integration between amember and whmcs.

Here is my situation, as it stands...

I currently have an amember-protected area (training program) full of content that is offered to my members.

I have since (separately) started offering a hosting package and am using WHMCS for that.

I would love to offer my hosting clients free access to my amember-protected content once they successfully sign up for hosting.

Ideally, after signing up and paying for hosting through my WHMCS, amember would automatically have the same user/pass account created so when they are logged into one, they can access the other.

Possible?

-Josh
  7. slinky

slinky Member

I created a plugin for whmcs. I have it working so that all logins go through amember and when you get to whmcs, you're already logged in.

I don't know if this is what you (and another person who contacted me) are intimiating and I'm not sure how to handle this... I was considering selling the plugin to help others at a reasonable price that would pay for what my development costs were. It took a few days to do but it works pretty well. Isn't my primary concern but it saves development time for everyone. Right now I'm porting it to V4, which I think is not at a mature stage yet but usable for some systems.
  8. jcary

jcary Member

Hey Slinky,

That sounds exactly what I'm looking for (or at least close enough from what you've mentioned).

I'm currently working with amember version 3.2. Will your plugin work with that version?

What price tag do you currently have on the plugin?

Thanks.

-Josh
  9. slinky

slinky Member

Yes - it works well on 3.2 and I can show it to you on my site. My user database is quite large and it imports first and last name and other metadata. Let's take the conversation offline as I'm not sure it's appropriate to discuss things here and respect the staff and company. I'll send you an email with my info.
  10. kenada

kenada New Member

I would love to see this as well, could you please let me have a look. I had one programmed but it isn't 100% what I wanted. Thanks
  11. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

Did you get this running for v4 ???
  12. slinky

slinky Member

I have it running for version 4 and I'm looking at integrating it into v5. It worked well while I had amember on the site (for about 10 months.) I don't think it's much different with regard to the login system at all. This is because I have other integrations that didn't change between the two.
  13. kenada

kenada New Member

Anyone still looking for a WHM plugin for aMember v4?
    I had one developed that allows the admin to connect to a WHM, then assign packages
    on that WHM to products in amember. When user buys a porduct with a hosting account attached they are given credit to set up a hosting account.

Domain name is not needed on sign up, so you can sell hosting setup to user that do not have a domain yet.
    The user has a new menu button called hosting where they can type in the domain they wish to use. The account is then creating using the domain the user entered with the username and password auto-generated and stored in the members data fields in the aMember DB.

Hosting Accounts can be suspended and terminated via the admin of aMember.
    Hosting Accounts auto suspend when payments fail.
    Hosting Account is terminated if user is deleted from aMember.

Any one interested?
  14. pedritoso

pedritoso New Member

I;m interested please pm me
  15. Ramouz

Ramouz aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

I am looking for something like this. I am running the very latest version of amember and will be very interested in seeing a demo/sample and see if it is a good fit.

Please drop me with a PM on how I can contact you.

Regards

Sam