Integrate Xenforo users into aMember

Discussion in 'Integration' started by nobwaart, Jan 24, 2012.

1. nobwaart

nobwaart New Member

Hi,

Sorry if this is a very simple process or has been asked before, but how do I integrate the users from my Xenforo installation into aMember ?
  2. invictus

invictus Member

Hi,

I have the same issue and so I am going to post my piece here.

I need to import all my users from Xenforo 1.1.0 into aMember 4.1.10.

I will provide a long version of what I need to accomplish:

The first step I need to complete is getting my XenForo users into aMemeber.

Following this I will be importing my Plimus users into aMember as well.

My goal from this is to first have all my forum members added to amember with their forum user names intact. Then by importing from Plimus, this will add products to the newly added aMember customers as well as create new members that were not in XenForo along with their products.

After this I plan to use the aMember XenForo plugin to forward all logins to be handled by aMember.

Additionally I have tested the aMember XenForo plugin and had a problem with the default level setting. It set a Xenforo user level to the forum users which did not allow access, I then changed this level in XenForo to have access and users still did not have access. This issue can be put on the backburner I am really looking to have a solution to the import issue.

Please let me know who is able to help me with this and if any other information is needed.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There is no way to import users from xenforo and keep their passwords. We plan to implement this in future versions.
    Currently you can import users and generate new passwords for these users only.
    Then use rebuild DB to sync aMember and xenforo passwords.
  4. nobwaart

nobwaart New Member

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the reply, that's no problem. But would you be able to go into greater detail please regarding importing users and generate new password, Ive looked but can't seem to find out how to do this.
  5. invictus

invictus Member

Hi Alexander,

It sounds like what you are saying is that I can import all my xenforo users to aMember without passwords but keeping their user name. Is that correct? I could then notify them that they should use the password reset to generate a new password and for newly imported members they would be generated a password already. This sounds like it could work for me, I am also very interested along with nobwaart if you have a walkthrough or some help available for this process.

Thanks again!
  6. alexander

The simplest way how you can export users from Xenforo is Email Users -> Only generate emails list
    Xenforo will generate list of all user is this format:
    email@test.com login
    Save that file to disk, then upload it in aMember CP -> Import
    Use Tabulation as separator, and check add subscription.
    Passwords will be generated automatically by aMember.
  7. invictus

invictus Member

Thanks for the answer Alexander. Much appreciated.
  8. invictus

invictus Member

Hi again,

I finished up the import and I think everything went ok. I am wondering about something though. Will new members who register in aMember have XenForo accounts automatically created for them or does that have to be done manually in XenForo?

Thanks.
  9. alexander

Yes if plugin is configured and if you add Xenforo integration to aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Integrations
  10. nobwaart

nobwaart New Member

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the reply. I added my members but for some reason their email address look like this:

email@email.com username

Also when viewing there username, its actually the beginning of there email address and not their username. Is this something that can be fixed or will we have to wait until you add the Xenforo import option ?
  11. alexander

This is because you didn't change separator field when you made import.
    It must be set to "tabulation".
    Delete all imported users and payments and start over.