Integrate Login And Signup Pages

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by mh718, Oct 7, 2003.

1. mh718

mh718 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a clue as to how to do this with the Pro version:

I would like for the following to happen:
    -------------------------------
    A person tries to access a page protected by the php_include method; if they are not already logged in, they are directed to the signup page; the signup page template (this is the easy part) has both a signup form and a login box in case they have already registered.

If the login in the login box fails, they get the regular login page with:
    --try again
    --lost password?
    --signup (goes to signup page as previous)
    --------------------------------
    My problem is that I cannot get the first step to work--i.e. have the check.inc.php page give me a WORKING signup page. Sure, I can change the template it points to, but the page won't work on the first try. It works on the second try because at that point it has redirected to the REAL signup.php page with all the correct includes.

I'm sure I have to change the check.inc.php page to do both the checking of the person's access and the delivery of the signup/login page, but I'm not sure how. Right now, the check.inc.php page checks the person's access, but delivers only a login page--you have to click on a link to get to the signup page. Basically, I will be assuming people are NOT signed up yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

it is all possible and as i know it has been implemented by mh718