Installation in a real mess, please help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by w_locke, Aug 30, 2012.

1. w_locke

w_locke New Member

Hi,

I'm really impressed with what amember can do and it should work great on my website once I have it configured correctly. I'm just in a real mess at the moment with configurations and I was hoping to get help as we are supposed to be launching our new website this weekend.

Ok, so I have a Wordpress +xenforo+ amember installation.

I have the xenforo plugin installed. I was trying to import members from xenforo and it seems to have deactivated my admin accounts so I can no longer access my admin panel at all in xenforo.

I also tried to import a couple of Wordpress accounts and now I can't access my Wordpress panel.

I can't even access my amember admin now. I have lost complete control of everything and can't access at all.

Could you help to give me the admin privleges back and to configure so it's just one login to sign into Wordpress and forum seamlessly.

I will most definitely recommend the software if I can get it to work properly. I realise it is me that has caused the mess

2. w_locke

w_locke New Member

Hi,

I posted a ticket to support 3 days ago and I still haven't had a reply. Would someone be able to resolve this issue for me so I can access my Wordpress, & amember admin panels?

Thanks
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc aMember Pro Customer

If you think it is you yourself that has caused the problem I cannot help by wonder why you are complaining aMember support is not running around trying to solve your mess!!

Start to think logically. Change the name of your existing aMember installation and re-upload it.
    Once you get aMember running correctly add, say, Wordpress and get that running correctly then add XenForo.

That is the only way realistically to solve your problem and is the way most support departments would need to work otherwise they would have to start working backwards to see what you had changed. Both methods can be time consuming but the first described stands a chance of being quicker.

This time KEEP NOTES of changes and keep BACKUPS before instigating changes. Programs and database, that way if things go wrong you can roll back to a working system in a matter of seconds.
  4. w_locke

w_locke New Member

Firstly im not running around complaining about support. Put yourself in my shoes if you had lodged a ticket. Im sure you would wonder about a response after the 3rd day.

Secondly you have to remember some people may not be up to scratch like you seem to be, but thanks for the advice