Index/Main page content

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by andy1961, Dec 28, 2012.

1. andy1961

andy1961 New Member

After fresh installation aMember index page shows a line:
    If you are a registered member, please login. If you are not registered yet, please signup.
    Bellow this line there is an empty space.
    Please tell me which file to edit in order to fill it up this space and use it as a main welcome/sales page?
    This content must not be displayed on other pages, just on index/main page.
    Thank you in advance for help.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

You can add/remove features (including HTML text blocks) from this page by:
    1. Log into the Admin Control Panel
    2. Click on "Configuration" from the left menu bar
    3. Then click on "Form Editor" from the left menu bar
    4. Click on the edit icon for the signup form
    5. Them add/delete design bricks as needed (HTML text would allow you to add about any test/image)
  3. fergus

fergus New Member

Im trying to do the same thing in order to use that main page as the very first home page for my site, even before the login or signup pages.
    @gswaim: as far as I can see, editing or creating a new signup form will not do the trick here, it will be just another signup form, but not the main home page
    Lets say we install amember in the root dir, so is accesible at domain.com directly
    Then, the main page where currently shows
    If you are a registered member, please login. If you are not registered yet, please signup.
    when a user is not logged in can be used as the top home page if it can be edited.

So is there a way to edit that one to use it as a home page?
    if yes, where?
    thanks
  4. fergus

fergus New Member

as a suggestion, would be great if a custom created page can be used as the default home page, it should be as easy as asigning that page as the very home page for amember, replacing the default one that shows "If you are a registered member, please login. If you are not registered yet, please signup."
    and thats it !!!!