Incremental plugin with Wordpress - confused

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by simond, Dec 2, 2010.

1. simond

simond New Member

Hi, I've read a few posts on this but still unclear about how I can setup incremental content with my WP installation.

Basically i want to display a new page every month, for 12 months. AFAIK these pages are virtual, and not physical, so I'm confused as to which plugin(s) I should be using.

I have the Incremental Content plugin v.2.3 and have tried enabling it in WP and following the instructions in the readme.txt, however it's asking for a folder path for my content, which I don't believe I have with my particular setup. Additionally it's asking to add Protected Folders which again I don't believe I have.

Can anyone please help?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Incremental content plugin, enabled in wordpress- Is this an amember plugin?

I know Ken's amprotect plugin has a drip feed feature for content in wordpress.
    What i do is create directories with index.php files that redirect to the wordpress content.

David
  3. simond

simond New Member

Hi David, sorry for late reply - yes, it's an aMember plugin as purchased through the aMember member subscription panel. ("Incremental content plugin ($60.00 for lifetime subscription")

I'm not sure it offers the same services as "The Bridge" Incremental Bridge plugin (http://www.amemberincremental.com/), or if it is even the same plugin!?

I'm really trying to ascertain what is the best plugin for our needs (drip fed membership content).

What would amprotect offer that either of the above two plugins wouldn't?
  4. simond

simond New Member

Ok I've got this working now and redirecting using this technique, opening new content to members on a monthly basis.

My next question is this: after the redirect obviously the WordPress URL to the page is visible. What's to stop users guessing the URL of future content I want kept hidden?

For example if my content resides at www.mysite.com/lesson1, lesson 2 URL would be pretty easy to guess and a user could therefore bypass redirection. Would I need to set up different security levels for each month? Or is there some way to match the WordPress virtual directories to the redirection paths in aMember?

(Hope this makes sense!)
  5. mgoins33

mgoins33 New Member

what does the index.php code look like?

When I create a directory and add this code ... I get a redirect error.

<?php
    header( 'Location: http://website.com/summary-of-week-2/' );
    exit();
    ?>
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

try removing the blank spaces ( ' and ' );
    otherwise, may be an issue with your hosting- do a javascript redirect on an html page instead.

David
  7. mgoins33

mgoins33 New Member

thanks for your help ... I appreciate it.

M
  8. drmartinjr3i3

drmartinjr3i3 aMember Pro Customer

will it only increment plugins on wordpress - or will it increment them in amember - that way if i have efront tied into amember and amember adds a new product - that has a efront group assigned to it then efront would automatically add it
  9. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sorry not sure I understood your question.
    Both amember v3 and amember v4 support incremental content, but v3 do this via additional plugin.