Incremental Content Plugin...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by benedict, Jun 14, 2011.

1. gocliff

gocliff Maverick Marketing Methods

Thank you, Alex, I LIKED this answer. We have checked with Authorize dot net for the following:
    • The CIM service costs $10/month additional
    • The SSL certificate costs $45/year including $100k insurance warranted
    • The static IP to host the SSL certificate costs $30/year.
    I have the CIM merchant web services API guide for XML and will be ready to blog here about the details of doing the setup, from arranging the details with the Merchant Service provider, arrangements with the web host provider for SSL connection, and the details we learn to integrate these items with your CIM plugin. I look forward to the task, the challenge, and making this work for the community sake.
    Thank you! We wait for your announcement to proceed with CIM plugin later this week. We will be working in this office on Friday, after Thanksgiving. We wish you and your family a fine day of Thanksgiving celebration. Kind regards, Clifford
  2. claudia

claudia aMember Pro Customer

I write from italy and maybe my English is not special. I have a problem with Incremental Content Plugin: I'll explain: My version of aMember is 3.3.0PRO, and I set a month ago. Now I would like to bring up the contents every month to pay my members in their main page, and each time they pay the content written to appear as a series of lessons. How can I do?
    Thanks in advance to those who will help me,
    Claudia.
  3. gocliff

@ Claudia (Italy)
    Good morning from San Diego, California USA!
    I am just now setting up and testing a Incremental Content Delivery (I.C.D.) sales sequence for Maverick Marketing Methods, and will be glad to help you think and plan your sequence from my experience. We can debug our sequences together, but first we need a common starting point and a bit of clarification on what you want the sales sequence to do.
    1. Please make arrangements to upgrade and get your aMember PRO software running on v.4.1.9 because we will be planning and programming the solution here on that version. You will be very pleased with the look and good integration of features within this newest version of aMember.
    2. I'm going to restate your request in an attempt to clarify your need and help your "not special English":
    • You started a month ago using aMember PRO 3.3.0 ?
    • Are you using WordPress to host your I.C.D. sales sequence and product offers?
    • Each month, you would like to offer your paying members on their protected main page(s) a new, monthly lesson offer?
    • For each month, for paying members, you would like to offer another new lesson in a series of lessons?
    • How many lessons are within your series?
    • What type of Content are you offering in this I.C.D. sales sequence, i.e. content/pages, content/files, content/video?
    I suppose when we get you setup for selling a series of lessons for one (1) subject plan (a product), you'll then be able to create another I.C.D. sales sequence in order to cross-market your paying members with new lesson products.

For Maverick Marketing Methods as a test and demonstration, I will proceed to setup an I.C.D. sales sequence for the sale of training and coaching using video on a WordPress hosted site. So, this design and plan will be a I.C.D. sales sequence to deliver content/video to paying members. The complete I.C.D. will be made in two (2) phases: 1) a quick, short farming sequence designed to give the buying member immediate satisfaction with ten (10) videos delivered over 10-weeks, one per week, to get the member on the habit and track of learning something new each week, followed by; 2) a long farming sequence of three (3) videos delivered at the rate of one (1) per month for three (3) months to get the buying member gradually off the short farm training cycle and made ready for a new purchase of a different lesson series. The total paid I.C.D. series will last five and one-half months, or six (6) months of income per member.

Does this interest you?

I look for your reply... Happy Holidays and have a very Merry Christmas!
  4. claudia

Thank you for your answer, but I have everything ready, and even content, all the folders are already protected aMember. My regards to the membership and will be a Menagement Food Program ... my question was another: how can I display on the main page when they pay the links that lead to content?
    My version bought in Italy a month ago 3.3.0PRO aMember.
    When I am on Manage Prodoct in Bassai swiping the page is the Incremental Content Memberships,
    where it says folder path, I put the folder directory protected
    then link name, the phrase I want it to appear, then link available after the days that pass when it should be visible by inclusion in the link, link duration, how many days I have to download the link ...
    but what I do not understand is this ...
    Unix File Path / Title:
    URLs using this format:
    / some_url | URL title to display on downloads page | Maximum download count (0 for unlimited)

path to file, if starts with "/" then it is absolute path,
    else related to configured root folder for downloads

What should I enter here?
    With the aid,
    Claudia.
  5. gocliff

@Claudia
    We hope someone with v.3.x experience will soon reply to your request. Meanwhile, I've found in the in the CGI central knowledge base ( http://manual.amember.com/Managing_Products ) the following directions which appear to address part of your question (we could not find a link specific to the v.3.x incremental content plugin) :

• Product URL
    this is the URL to the content to which you wish this product to give access. The purpose of this field is simply to create a link to the content in the list of their subscriptions which a member will see. If you leave this field blank the Title will appear as plain text rather than a link in the Member Page http://www.yoursite.com/amember/member.php
    Please Note: Entering a URL here does NOT protect content. For information about protecting your content please see the section Setting-up Protection

• Additional URLs
    you may have multiple URLs for a product appearing on http://www.yoursite.com/amember/member.php page. Just add URLs to this field, each on separate line.
    By default the link title will be equal to Product Title, to change it, add after URL the pipe and link title, for example: /members-addons/|Add-ons for members
    So, Claudia, in your case, try replacing /members-addons/ with the folder name on your system, followed by a pipe character | and then the title you want to give the link. Taken from your comment above, it might look like this:
    /Menagement-Food-Program/|Menagement Food Program for members

Regards,

Clifford
  6. claudia

@ Clifford.
    Thank you for your interest and I really have not managed to find a link to the incremental content plugin, otherwise I would have solved the problem. But I mean if I leave it open that space would not be better? so it appears only the title which leads to the page contents, without further crazy ...
    I want to ask something else: when the incremental content plugin is active content on the main page you only see each time the subscriber has paid, or I can give it a try to make it appear even earlier in the day by changing the programming? I do not know if I explained well ...
    Anyway thanks a lot for his help and wish you a Merry Christmas to you too,:)
    Claudia.
  7. claudia

8. claudia

Hi, I saw your response now and I want to ask you a question: is it a few days I have problems with incremental content plungin and I can not fix it, I can not print to the main page content that you would like to see. my version is: I can not set 3.3.0PRO this part;
    I understand why after creating the group membership of the content and link it to the link, I do not see anything on the main page of the member. How can I do? Thanks in advance, Claudia.
  9. claudia

I managed to solve the problem, thanks also to anyone who had seen the message. It was really a small thing that I missed on the configuration page. Thanks too, Claudia.