importing a email ban list

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dale_sellers, May 1, 2014.

1. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

I see that you can ban individual emails, but is there are way to import a list to ban multiple emails at once?

I am using a SMTP service. After sending out emails over time, I can see a list of bad emails in the program. They are often bad email addresses, full email accounts, cancelled accounts, etc.

If I keep sending emails to these email accounts, I get penalized, not only with my SMTP service, but with email providers (yahoo, msn, etc). Sending a bunch of bad emails over and over gets your domain blacklisted eventually, if not quickly.

Sometimes the bad email list builds up in the hundreds and entering each of these emails individually in aMember isn't practical. Is there a method to import multiple emails at once into a email ban list, so that no emails are ever sent to user?

Also, would be great to have a way when importing emails, to ban user from aMember altogether (spammers) and also have the option to not to ban them from Amember, but just ban their email address so no emails are sent to that address. This way, user could login in, see a message about bad email, and update their email address.

I'm just trying to use aMember without getting my email blacklisted, and without getting charged more from my SMTP service for sending out bad emails. Thank you for any suggestions.