Import Excel data from existing membership file

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by sgibbs03743, May 3, 2006.

1. sgibbs03743

sgibbs03743 New Member

Hi Alex,

I have a client who is very interested in aMember Pro (so am I!) and I have a few questions.

1. My clients currently has a small database of about 700 members (only 300 current) that I would receive in an Excel format. Will I be able to create as many correspondnig custom fields as I like in aMember in order to upload the data from Excel into the MySQL database?

2. My clients have about 15 checkboxes on their membership form (having to do with selecting interests). Will there be a problem with this information getting into the database once the online submission form is set up? And then I'll want to pull this information out using some custom reports I'll write. Will that be possible? I ask because I read a thread in this forum a few weeks ago where someone was having trouble getting information from checkboxes, radio buttons and select drop-downs into the database.

I really hope this works out - I'm pretty excited to get try this software. Many of my clients are membership organizations/associations!

Thank you!

- Shawna